I can’t believe that Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly) is now two years old!!
What an amazing journey so far! With folks from nearly 150 countries tuning in, over 33,000 views and 2,200 comments, 220+ posts, 867 followers and counting… I’m still amazed the semi-regular ramblings of a Canadian woman about her every day life in Asia is of interest.
In life, the 8th quarter brought:
- A bit of Indian domestic travel to Goa and Delhi
- Lots of ‘behind the scenes’ developments and sundry distractions – the most maddening being ongoing structural repairs in our flat (Demolition gang!)
- A bit of time to share ‘catch-up’ travel tales from my July 2014 trip to Japan and Nov 2014 to Amsterdam – can you tell I am hankering to hit the skies again?
For Every Day Adventures in Asia, the quarter’s top posts were:
- Silencing “India’s Daughter” on the controversial BBC documentary about the tragic rape of Nirbhaya (Jyoti Singh) in which one of the rapists and their lawyers were interviewed
- Next up was ABCD vs CBAD – “You don’t belong here!” about my attempt to join an Indian blogging forum
- A quick spin through Mumbai’s wedding season with Mumbai Marriage Marathons… seemed to get more attention for the title ‘marathons’ than the topic ‘marriages’ as was merrily re-blogged to oodles of marathon blogs?!
- Our advance announcement of our upcoming June – July 2015 trip London Calling… Watch out Winnipeg!! grabbed attention
- And the quarter top posts closed with my deluded comfort at being Maidless in Mumbai (sigh… that was before the construction mess made our lives miserable!)
However as this is also a 2nd birthday, time to celebrate the top ‘hits’ since inception too!
- Balvenie Triple Cask, Wasmund’s, The Speyside – no surprise that my Whisky Lady avatar needed her own blog?!?
- Our Christmas Eve Love Story gets oodles of views – guess folks are curious about this ‘partner’ I keep talking about! 😉
- ‘Eve Teasing’ – The other side of my love affair with India chronically my years in India and observations on sexual harassment in my adopted home
- I’m amused that “Can you drop the Indian accent?” – Accents and voice overs keeps getting hits!
- Interestingly, a December 2014 event
And in a lovely twist of fate she’s also invading Man’s World magazine with a regular whisky feature – 1st up is an interview with Dr Bill Lumsden, Director of Distilling, Whisky Creation and Whisky Stock at The Glenmorangie Company!
As for what’s ahead this quarter?
- I’m still hoping to make a jaunt to Singapore (maybe also Jakarta) to drum up business for my new company… armed with a couple partnerships that will hopefully be welcome
- Lots of attention on building the domestic / Indian arm too with various new collaborations
- Depending on timings, may also join my partner for a short bit in Europe while he’s shooting a film there…
- And most of all – we can’t wait for our upcoming Canada / UK trip!!
Merci beaucoup for joining the journey and look forward to many more interesting interactions to come!
- 7th Quarter Summary
- 6th Quarter Summary
- 5th Quarter Summary
- 4th Quarter Summary
- 3rd Quarter Summary
- 2nd Quarter Summary
- 1st Quarter Summary
- Blog trivia