As quiet as this blog Everyday Asia’s been lately, my other blog Whisky Lady has been quintuply busy!
November brought incredible ‘novelty’ with a grand total of five (yup! That’s 1, 2, 3, 4.. 5!!) whisky sampling occasions exploring a wide range from the affordable and accessible to the impossibly rare with insane prices!
It was such a busy whisky tasting month that most reviews started in the status of *Notes forthcoming!
Our regular monthly tasting session brought three very different whiskies:
- Hibiki Harmony NAS 43% – Latest Suntory response to the craze for Japanese whisky!
- Aultmore 18 year 46% – Interesting… sense we hadn’t tried before
- Glenburgie 15 year 43% – Gordon & MacPhail do it again!
Our Whisky Ladies proved their mettle with two sessions….
- 1st session was a Cask strength Diwali special ably conquering:
- 2nd session was a world tour with:
Two remarkable rare malt evenings…
- 1st night shared:
- Glendronach 39, 40, 41 & 42 year PX casks from 1971/1972 – glorious, gorgeous sherry grand dames
- Karuizawa 1973/2013 Cask No 1607 67.7% – I’m still pinching myself!
- 2nd night explored rare bottles from the 1980s:
Inspired by sampling so many remarkable rare malts and prompted by an upcoming trip to Singapore, I finally brushed off notes from a June evening at The Auld Alliance:
I also wandered down memory lane with:
- A re-visit of our Glenfarclas Mumbai special evening from a few years ago
- Ardbeg Corryvreckan 57.1% – For those days when only a peaty whisky will do!
- Glen Garioch 1797 Founders Reserve 48% – Highland fling with the past…
- Jura Superstition 43% – Brash young affordable dram
And had some fun with posts like:
- Whisky palate cleansers or pleasers – debating the pros and cons of sticking purely to whisky alone vs pairing with nibbles
- Jim Murray grabbing global whisky headlines – Yes I’m a proud Manitoban but… Crown Royal?
Until next month – Slainthe!
Curious to know more? Start with Whisky Lady’s monthly missives on Everyday Asia:
- Whisky Lady – October Offerings
- Whisky Lady – Sulty September
- Whisky Lady – Awesome August
- Whisky Lady – July journeys
- Whisky Lady – June joy
- Whisky Lady – May merriment
- Whisky Lady – April adventures
- Whisky Lady – March madness
- Whisky Lady – February fun
- Whisky Lady – January journal
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: