As slow as July was, August was the opposite for this Whisky Lady!
Because… drum roll… Mumbai be warned! We launched a ‘Whisky Ladies‘ gathering to have some dangerously fun times enjoying our favourite whiskies!
Yup – you heard it right. We now have our own rocking whisky women’s club in Mumbai! Our inaugural evening featured:
- Compass Box’s Asyla 40% – Feminine, like a warm summer breeze – fresh and flowery
- Kilchoman Coull Point 46% – A little wild ocean spray, then snuggle up with a toasty sweet cinnamon campfire
- Nikka ‘Yoichi’ 10 year 45% – Sipping mid–autumn cider while wandering through a forest
- Caol Ila 12 year 43% – Good old faithful Islay
- Tobermoray’s Ledaig 1997 Island 46% (Gordon & MacPhail) – Calmer Island seas, complex, long smoky finish… teases you back for more
We also held our regular monthly tasting session which featured three unique Islays:
- Bruichladdich The Organic Scottish Barley NAS 50% – An interesting whisky experiment… for kicks added Bill Lumsden’s comments on Glenmorangie’s flirtation with organic whisky
- Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine (Morning Sky), Batch 1, NAS 46.3% – A light easy drinking whisky
- Caol Ila 1997 (bottled 2009) 40% (Gordon & MacPhail Connoisseurs Choice) – Superb! All the things one loves about Caol Ila cranked up to an entirely different league…
Plus a few more Whisky Lady updates:
- A little ditty on Airport Offerings at the “World of Whisky” store in Heathrow Airport (source of the Kilchoman Coull Point)
- Unearthed a couple tasting note archives with :
- Cracked open the Canadian samples stash to savour the Bowmore Laimrig 15 year 54.5% – One word – yum!
Clearly these are exciting times for this Whisky Lady! With two monthly tasting gatherings, augmented by the occasional visitor from other shores or international jaunts, my sampling adventures just became double the trouble and ridiculously fun!
Until next month – Slainthe!
Curious to know more? Start with Whisky Lady’s monthly missives :
- Whisky Lady – July journeys
- Whisky Lady – June joy
- Whisky Lady – May merriment
- Whisky Lady – April adventures
- Whisky Lady – March madness
- Whisky Lady – February fun
- Whisky Lady – January journal
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: