Home » Posts tagged 'Japanese Whisky'
Tag Archives: Japanese Whisky
Whisky Lady sampling remained strong in May with four whisky sessions!
It kicked off with a special “Gourmet Affair” whisky and food pairing by The Singleton and TheWestin Mumbai featuring:
- Glenkinchie 12 year with asparagus and burrata
- Caol Ila 12 year with stuffed morels and mushrooms
- Talisker 10 year with seared scallops and prosciutto or corn fed chicken
- Lagavulin 16 year with Australian lamb loin or Indian lamb shank
- Singleton by Glen Ord 12 year with mignardises
Those who live in India know that after holi, the temperature rises and the real summer begins! Which means in April, you’d be a fool to not seek solace with fans or the occasional A/C and liquid libations tends towards beer o’clock than whisky.
However call me an April fool, but this Whisky Lady had another active month with:
- Sharing thoughts on ‘Feminist twist on whisky‘ with a link to an interview in SheThePeopleTV and other whisky women bloggers
- Celebration of 200 whisky posts!
- Speculation that if you were to pair whisky with jazz, what would you chose?
- Plus a wee dance through a few Compass Box blend reviews
As for our whisky clubs? Oh we had a full month too! (more…)
As March heated up in Mumbai, Whisky Lady sampling also kept pace…
All three tasting groups had some real gems and discoveries! I also finished the Canadian samples, brushed off posts from the archives and shared an article published in MansWorld (yes I do write for others from time to time).
It also marked two milestones – over 2,000 followers and nearly 200 posts! (more…)
While our formal tasting session was cancelled, the month had two highlights:
- Whisky Lady invades Man’s World with a Glenmorangie event and interview
- Tasting take two revisiting Japanese and Indian whiskies from previous tasting sessions
Whisky Lady in a Man’s World
Thanks to an accidental rescue, Whisky Lady now has a regular whisky feature in Man’s World magazine. The 1st assignment took me to Delhi to interview Dr Bill Lumsden, Director of Distilling, Whisky Creation and Whisky Stock for The Glenmorangie Company. (more…)
After an interesting though less ambitious Day 1 than planned… welcome to Tokyo Day 2!
I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after a good dose of snnnnnz!
After all the pre-program warnings about needing to meticulously prepare (with impeccable timing!), I found it rather amusing that we could not access the room early to set-up and the projector didn’t work! Tried a few combinations with my laptop, another participant’s laptop and then efforts to get another projector were initiated… (more…)
I promised a few more details and pics of my Japan trip… so here goes!
Before I left Mumbai, I consulted with a friend who lives in Tokyo for what to do in my ONE free day… His advice was:
- Airport to hotel only long enough to check-in and dump bags
- Head straight to Tsukiji – Fish Market – noting that while I would miss the really active early morning, even the outer edge is remarkable
- Walk to the Hamarikyu Gardens and have the maccha green tea
- Take a boat from there to the Asakusa Kannon temple
- Catch the subway back to the Hotel
- Nap (he’s done enough overnight Tokyo – Mumbai trips to know!)
- Go to the Robo Bar for the evening’s entertainment
It sounded ambitious but amusing.
And the reality? Far from the recommendations! (more…)
In July 2014 I went on this crazy whirlwind work trip that took me from Jakarta to Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo then Shanghai back to KL and home to Mumbai for a short bit before heading off again to Jakarta!
Thanks to still having mobility issues at that time, I could not explore with my usual verve and vigour… instead hobbled carefully along with my trusty cane.
This particular session required some advance planning with purchases in Tokyo during my July 2014 trip. To pair with exploring whiskies from this remarkable country, I prevailed on a friend’s catering company for a 4-course Japanese feast from Sushi Koi – simply delicious!
Our February whisky tasting session included: (more…)
It is Friday night and for you whisky drinkers, time to make you jealous!
Some may recall I decided one of my
vices passions deserved its own little home. Thus Whisky Lady was born.
I also promised to share whisky posts here only once a month…
My 1st monthly malt missive is a bit of a catch up so bear with me!
Last night we kicked off the new year with: (more…)
Many of you fab folks who follow Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly) are not so enthu about my whisky posts… Starting from now, there will be at MOST one post a month from our private whisky tasting club in Mumbai, India.
For those special few interested in more whisky posts – do check out / follow my new blog Whisky Lady devoted to various whisky sampling adventures!
Without further ado, here is this month’s one and only whisky post…
Tasting Notes from 16 October 2014
This month featured whiskies from Japan’s Ichiro’s Malt Chichibu’s The Floor Malted 3 year, Blair Athol 16 year and Glen Deveron 20 year. (more…)