As March heated up in Mumbai, Whisky Lady sampling also kept pace…
All three tasting groups had some real gems and discoveries! I also finished the Canadian samples, brushed off posts from the archives and shared an article published in MansWorld (yes I do write for others from time to time).
It also marked two milestones – over 2,000 followers and nearly 200 posts!
- Dalmore 15 year 40% – Excellent reminder this is indeed a mighty fine sherry dram
- Mackmyra Svensk Rök 46.1% – Well hello juniper peat! What a distinctive whisky from Sweden!
- Smokehead ‘The Rock Edition’ 44.2% – Think macho college men drinking and smoking waaaay too much!
- Machir Bay 46% (predominantly bourbon) paired with mixed micro greens and smoked cheese, olive oil, almonds and cherry tomatoes
- Sanaig 46% (predominantly sherry) paired with smoked chicken / smoked vegetable ratatouille with almond milk mash
- Sherry Cask 60.6% (100% sherry) paired with chocolate ganache
And last but certainly not least was the new entrant… Bombay Malt & Cigar (BMC) with a remarkable line-up of cask strength whiskies hand-filled by our host at the distilleries between 2006 to 2012. Yeah… we were gob-smacked!
- Glenmorangie 10 year (1995 / 9 Nov 2006) Cask No 13038, Bottle No 45, 59.3% – Clear favourite as kept revealing more the longer you spent with it!
- Glenfiddich 15 year (19 April 2012) Batch No 15, Bottle No 11/15, 55% – Cut above your average Glenfiddich 15 year
- Abelour 16 year (10 June 1995 / 6 Sept 2011) Cask No 2303 (1st fill sherry), Bottle No 180, 57.2% – Sherry berry beautiful bomb!
I finally finished the last of the Canadian stash with:
- Auchroisk 20 year 46% (Duthies) – a rather peculiar dram, so much so wonder if it was spoilt while stored…
- Glen Garioch 21 year 43% – a delightful light summer romp and lovely way to close the sample set
- Three Whiskies, Three very different guys…
- Bring on the Bruichladdich Rocks! – On the rocks or on its own…winey fruity sweet chewy yumminess
- Classic Bunnahabhain 18 year – Ultra smooth, creamy with plums and honey
- Glenlivet Quartet – 12, 15, 18 and 21 year – Gateway to single malts…
- Remembered two French Whiskies – Glann ar Mor’s Kornog and Armorik Classic
I also shared one of my rare ‘published’ forays… with a few thoughts on:
- 5 Best Japanese Whiskies – Guess which ones I featured?
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: