After 25 whiskies in January, you can imagine this month I needed a little ‘catch-up’ time. Whisky Lady featured posts on both whiskies sampled in February plus the balance notes from January.
Even better, February was filled with three (yes 1, 2… 3) whisky clubs tasting sessions. Anyone who thinks there are no folks passionate about single malts in Mumbai is clearly misinformed!
1st up was a rather interesting ‘Adult’ whisky & cigar evening with:
- Glengoyne 21 year 43% – Sigh… we suspect a spoilt cork as something was off
- Glenlivet 21 year 43% – What you expect from a Glenlivet 21
- Balblair 38 year 44% – OMG! I’ve gone to heaven!
- Oh and that Laphroaig 21 yr T5 peaking around the corner on the left… yeah we had that too!
It was memorable also as ALL corks disintegrated – check out Crumbling cork capers!
Next with our original club was a special Signatory session. Each was from a single cask, bottled by Signatory:
- Glenburgie 18 year (1995/2014) Cask No 6451 46% – Delightfully nuanced
- Bunnahabhain 26 years (1966/2014) Cask No 1874 48.6% – Unique remarkable dram
- Edradour 10 year (2004/2015) Cask No 406, Bottle 440 46% – Christmas cake in a bottle!
With our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai we paired chocolates designed to accompany whisky:
- Delicate – Hibiki Harmony NAS 43% – Beautiful well structured whisky
- Peated – Lagavulin 16 year 43% – A familiar favourite
- Sherry – Abelour A’bunadh Batch 46 (2013) 60.4% – Welcome back sherry bomb!
And for the catch-up posts from January’s marathon?
Shared a write-up on the Whisky Ladies of Mumbai‘s experience with our American night out with JD, Hudson, Jim Beam and Knob Creek!
Completed tasting notes from our original group’s January session:
- Irish standard – Tyrconnell NAS 40% – Light Irish offering
- Highland wildcat – Clynelish 14 year 46% – Delicate sweet spice
- Triple hit – Speyburn 10 year 43% – Pleasant drinkable dram
Closed with a recap from the archives:
I do believe I’m officially caught up with pending tasting notes! Yeah!!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on:
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Reblogged this on Whisky Lady and commented:
What could be more fun than a February full of whisky tasting adventures?
I am not a fan of whiskey unfortunately but reading your comments, you clearly are which is great. Enjoyed reading about something I know nothing about.
I am indeed! What’s amusing perception vs reality – I very much enjoy small quantity / high quality and have no capacity for quantity or tolerance for low quality. 🙂
Great to hear. Same with me with white wine. Hate bad quality wine – just won’t drink it.
My folks have a magnet on their fridge in Winnipeg “Life is too short to waste on bad wine”
Whisky and Chocolates Hmmmm… For a carnivor like me its always Whisky and meat.
just got educated 🙂
Haha! Well some of our ladies enjoy that too! however you know that’s not so much my thing. 😉