Home » Posts tagged 'Glenmorangie'
Tag Archives: Glenmorangie
As March heated up in Mumbai, Whisky Lady sampling also kept pace…
All three tasting groups had some real gems and discoveries! I also finished the Canadian samples, brushed off posts from the archives and shared an article published in MansWorld (yes I do write for others from time to time).
It also marked two milestones – over 2,000 followers and nearly 200 posts! (more…)
Welcome to Whisky Lady‘s 5th instalment summarising May’s whisky tasting adventures. Finally after a two month hiatus, our merry malt tasting group had our ‘proper’ session. We sampled blind whiskies from three countries:
- USA (NY) – Hudson Single Malt NAS 46% – Something ‘different’ in a small barrel, hand crafting, unusual 375 ml bottle… doesn’t mean the whisky is any good. Just skip it!
- Scotland (Highland) – Deanston Virgin Oak NAS 46.3% – Decent delicate and slightly dull dram. Perhaps a refreshing spring cocktail made with a light hand and subtle flavours
- Ireland – Teeling Single Malt NAS 46% – Trust the Irish to create a sociable whisky! A complete treat – the kind of whisky you to pull out and enjoy with friends
In addition to our monthly sessions, I held a most enjoyable tasting with another whisky lady where we tried:
- Miniatures of Auchentoshan 12 year, Three Wood and 18 year – Pleasant but not special, consider if someone else is paying and all you need is a whisky to accompany nibbles and other action
- Auchentoshan Cooper’s Reserve 14 year – Clean, straight-forward with a whiff of sherry character but doesn’t quite pull it off
HITS – Unlike most months where it is tough to chose a ‘favourite’, the Irish Wishky Teeling is the only one I would consider stocking in my whisky cabinet for sociable evenings.
MISS – Also unlike most months, there was a clear ‘warning’ too – I still shudder at the Hudson. Don’t… I beg you just don’t…
Another highlight was Whisky Lady invaded Man’s World May edition with an interview with Dr Bill Lumsden.
In honour of Ardbeg’s 200 year, I also published further extracts fro the Bill Lumsden interview focused on Ardbeg.
June should bring some interesting tasting adventures as I will be traveling to Singapore, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Toronto, Canada then carry on to London in July. Let’s see what mischief and merriment can be had! Slainthe!
Curious to know more? Start with Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
- Whisky Lady – April adventures
- Whisky Lady – March madness
- Whisky Lady – February fun
- Whisky Lady – January journal
You can also find Whisky Lady on:
While our formal tasting session was cancelled, the month had two highlights:
- Whisky Lady invades Man’s World with a Glenmorangie event and interview
- Tasting take two revisiting Japanese and Indian whiskies from previous tasting sessions
Whisky Lady in a Man’s World
Thanks to an accidental rescue, Whisky Lady now has a regular whisky feature in Man’s World magazine. The 1st assignment took me to Delhi to interview Dr Bill Lumsden, Director of Distilling, Whisky Creation and Whisky Stock for The Glenmorangie Company. (more…)
While our formal monthly tasting was cancelled, most of our group took part in two events covering both of India’s Single Malt distilleries – Amrut and Paul John! (more…)
It is Friday night and for you whisky drinkers, time to make you jealous!
Some may recall I decided one of my
vices passions deserved its own little home. Thus Whisky Lady was born.
I also promised to share whisky posts here only once a month…
My 1st monthly malt missive is a bit of a catch up so bear with me!
Last night we kicked off the new year with: (more…)