It is Friday night and for you whisky drinkers, time to make you jealous!
Some may recall I decided one of my
vices passions deserved its own little home. Thus Whisky Lady was born.
I also promised to share whisky posts here only once a month…
My 1st monthly malt missive is a bit of a catch up so bear with me!
Last night we kicked off the new year with:
- Bailie Nicole Jarvie (aka BNJ) – A mild-mannered blend from Glenmorangie
- Paul John Single Malt Edited – A new single malt from India that shows promise…
- GlenDronach 21 year Parliament – Superb whisky that could easily become a new favourite!
December was a “World Tour” with:
- Hammer Head from the Czech republic – Curiosity not craftsmanship
- Glen Breton from Canada – Not worth repeating!
- Nikka from the barrel from Japan – Well done for a blend!
- Mortlach 15 year from Scotland – Mmmm… need I say more?
In November, we had a decidedly American twang – “Bring on the bourbon & rye” with:
- Russel’s Reserve from Kentucky – Easy drinking
- Rough Rider “Bull Moose” from New York – Not half bad for a one year old…
- Breckenridge Special Reserve from Colorado – Kick up your heels!
I also opened up the cupboard and sampled:
- Hakushu 18 year – revisiting a favourite – Still exquisite!!
- Jazzy Monkey Shoulder – Most enjoyable, great base for cocktails too
Top pick from this lot? Still the Hakushu 18 year, though do rather enjoy the Monkey Shoulder and Mortlach 15 year.
Check out the Whisky Lady posts mentioned here:
- Jan 2015 – Bailie Nicole Jarvie (BNJ), Paul John Single Malt Edited, GlenDronach 21 Year Parliament
- Dec 2014 – Bring on the bourbon and rye! Russell’s Reserve, Rough Rider Bull Moose, Breckenridge Special Release, Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon
- Nov 2014 – World Tour – Hammer Head, Glen Breton, Nikka from the barrel, Mortlach 15 year
- Hakushu 18 year – revisiting a favourite
- Jazzy Monkey Shoulder