Emel seduced the audience with the powerful emotions her voice emitted… punching through with passion, protest, shifting from lilting to wrenchingly raw.
After the show, Emel shared how much she enjoyed their short stay in India. Yet after extensive touring also appreciated a chance to relax in the hotel, swim outdoors…
She shared that they had been to Vancouver and Montreal and enjoyed their Canadian tour. I later met the guitar player who talked about being busy working on their new CD, soon to be independently released – Ensen.
Emil Mathlouthi – Ma Lkit
Want more? Check out:
- Website http://emelmathlouthi.com/home.html
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/E.Mathlouthi
- Myspace https://myspace.com/amelmathlouthi
I’ll admit I’d never heard of her before the event… and yet for much of December, Christmassy music was replaced by the haunting sounds of Tunisia.
- Welcome to Music Musings – RÁJ’s Ghost
- Music Musings – Ask Your Sister
- Music Musings – Coffee
- Music Musings – Chic Gamine
- Music Musings – Fatamouta Diawara
- Music Musings – INDIVA
- Music Musings – KAN
- Music Musings – Lenka
- Music Musings – Sridhar/Thayil’s STD