Home » Posts tagged 'Whisky Lady'
Tag Archives: Whisky Lady
Just wanted to raise a virtual toast and wish you all a very Happy New Years!!
As I was away in Indonesia for most of December, my Whisky Lady posts were mostly catch-up on earlier tasting experiences…
Once again the Bombay & Malt and Cigar gentlemen managed to accommodate my mad travel schedule and arranged our night to coincide with my limited dates back in Mumbai. The theme was Berrys’ and a blend featuring:
- Berrys’ Speyside 46% – Sour cherries meets bitter sherry… hmm….
- Berrys’ Islay 46% – Peaty sweet cinnamon spice…
- Ghosted Reserve No 2 42.8% – A trio of lost Lowland distillery spirits from Ladyburn, Inverleven and Dumbarton…
July was honestly just a lot of fun. Just as June was full of travels, July was very much Mumbai focused.
Our original club and Bombay Malt & Cigar club took a break, however no mere monsoon could hold back our intrepid Whisky Ladies who tackled 5 whisky regions with:
- Lowlands – Glenkinchie 12 year 43% – Light apple cider appetizer
- Islands – Jura Turas-Mara 42% – ‘Long journey’ to silky sweetness and deceptive richness
- Highlands – Clynelish 14 year 46% – Satisfying contrast between aroma, palate and finish!
- Speyside – Cardhu 12 year 40% – An experiment comparing newly opened vs previously opened bottle…
- Islay – Ardbeg 10 year 46% – For those of the peaty persuasion!
June was full of travels! Which just so happened to prompt a few whisky adventures with:
- Amusing hour(s) selecting whiskies at London’s Whisky Exchange
- Went on a road trip to tour of Gimli’s Crown Royal plant
- Got completely distracted at a Winnipeg Liquor Mart
- Evening with Winnipeg’s “The Cabinet” whisky tasting club
- Popped into Winnipeg’s Whisky Bar (part of The Toad in the Hole on Osborne)
- Raided a friend’s whisky collection to snag a few samples to bring back to India… as he puts it “I do NOT collect stamps!“
June featured three tasting sessions! (more…)
Whisky Lady sampling remained strong in May with four whisky sessions!
It kicked off with a special “Gourmet Affair” whisky and food pairing by The Singleton and TheWestin Mumbai featuring:
- Glenkinchie 12 year with asparagus and burrata
- Caol Ila 12 year with stuffed morels and mushrooms
- Talisker 10 year with seared scallops and prosciutto or corn fed chicken
- Lagavulin 16 year with Australian lamb loin or Indian lamb shank
- Singleton by Glen Ord 12 year with mignardises
Those who live in India know that after holi, the temperature rises and the real summer begins! Which means in April, you’d be a fool to not seek solace with fans or the occasional A/C and liquid libations tends towards beer o’clock than whisky.
However call me an April fool, but this Whisky Lady had another active month with:
- Sharing thoughts on ‘Feminist twist on whisky‘ with a link to an interview in SheThePeopleTV and other whisky women bloggers
- Celebration of 200 whisky posts!
- Speculation that if you were to pair whisky with jazz, what would you chose?
- Plus a wee dance through a few Compass Box blend reviews
As for our whisky clubs? Oh we had a full month too! (more…)
As March heated up in Mumbai, Whisky Lady sampling also kept pace…
All three tasting groups had some real gems and discoveries! I also finished the Canadian samples, brushed off posts from the archives and shared an article published in MansWorld (yes I do write for others from time to time).
It also marked two milestones – over 2,000 followers and nearly 200 posts! (more…)
After 25 whiskies in January, you can imagine this month I needed a little ‘catch-up’ time. Whisky Lady featured posts on both whiskies sampled in February plus the balance notes from January.
Even better, February was filled with three (yes 1, 2… 3) whisky clubs tasting sessions. Anyone who thinks there are no folks passionate about single malts in Mumbai is clearly misinformed!