June was full of travels! Which just so happened to prompt a few whisky adventures with:
- Amusing hour(s) selecting whiskies at London’s Whisky Exchange
- Went on a road trip to tour of Gimli’s Crown Royal plant
- Got completely distracted at a Winnipeg Liquor Mart
- Evening with Winnipeg’s “The Cabinet” whisky tasting club
- Popped into Winnipeg’s Whisky Bar (part of The Toad in the Hole on Osborne)
- Raided a friend’s whisky collection to snag a few samples to bring back to India… as he puts it “I do NOT collect stamps!“
June featured three tasting sessions!
Whisky Ladies European Tour with four completely distinct whiskies:
- Finland – Teerenpeli 10 year 43% – A delightful whisky you’d love to sip and savour all by yourself!
- Denmark – Braunstein Danica 42% – Interesting Danish offering…
- France – Kornog Tarouc’h Trived BC 10 46% – Sexy, sultry deliciousness in a bottle!
- Germany – Slyrs 51 NAS 51% – Quite direct, in your face
Alas I missed the Original’s Irish Night which featured:
- The Wild Geese Rare 43%
- Knappogue Castle 14 year 46%
- Teeling Small Batch 46%
- RoseBank 21 year (1990/2011) 53.8% as a ‘starter’ – Increasingly rare discontinued lowland whisky
- Ledaig 10 year 46.3% – Excellent easy drinking entry to Islay peat
- Talisker Storm 45.8% – Sea breeze and smoke
- Paul John Peated 55.5% from India… guess who introduced that whisky!?
One of our intrepid whisky ladies while on a film shoot in Goa took a little detour to visit Paul John distillery!
This prompted my Revisiting the Paul John Bold 46% – currently my smoky ‘go to’ dram.
I also had fun comparing a Laphroaig 10 year with their PX Cask.
Caught up with tasting notes from May with:
- Whisky Ladies’ “I like the label!” evening featuring:
- Original tasting group’s “Unchartered Territory” evening reversing traditional notions of whisky tasting order with:
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: