Whisky Lady sampling remained strong in May with four whisky sessions!
It kicked off with a special “Gourmet Affair” whisky and food pairing by The Singleton and TheWestin Mumbai featuring:
- Glenkinchie 12 year with asparagus and burrata
- Caol Ila 12 year with stuffed morels and mushrooms
- Talisker 10 year with seared scallops and prosciutto or corn fed chicken
- Lagavulin 16 year with Australian lamb loin or Indian lamb shank
- Singleton by Glen Ord 12 year with mignardises
- Bushmills 10 year 40% – Review by Carissa
- Bushmills 16 year 40% – Guest review by Paula
- Bushmills 21 year 40% – Guest review by Shruti
- Bushmills Steamship 40% – Guest review by Susan
- Connemara NAS 40% – Guest review by Lina
- Topped by the Tyrconnel 10 year Madeira finish to pair with desert and a revisit of the glorious hand-filled ‘Speakeasy’ Glenmorangie
- Compass Box Great King Street – Artist’s Blend – Revisiting a favourite
- Starward Whisky – Looking to the stars for a very interesting Australian dram
- Smoky Goat – Diageo’s experiment revealed
- Closed with a birthday celebration of homemade cake and Zacapa 23 rum
- Island – Talisker 57′ North NAS 57%
- Islay – Laphroaig PX Cask NAS 48%
- Speyside – Inchgower 13 year 46% (G&MP)
Then the usual catch-up of posting reviews from April’s tasting sessions with:
- Whisky Ladies go to the far East
- Kavalan Concertmaster Port Cask Finish 40% – Starting things off…
- Kavalan Solist Sherry Cask No S1001200358, Bottle No 025/507 57.8% – Simply stunning!
- Nikka Coffey Grain 45% – Piña colada whisky!
- With extras like Transforming common gin to uncommon delight, Chinese country liquor + JD Tennessee Honey liqueur 35%
- The Kilchoman Trilogy evening
- Bourbon Single Cask 60.5% – “If you don’t get this whisky, you don’t get a next date!”
- Pedro Ximenez Single Cask 58.4% – Accessible, versatile, crowd pleaser
- Sherry Single Cask 60.6% – Think imli, vanilla custard and peppers, oh my!
- Kilchoman pairing quandary – Proving whisky pairing works wonderfully…
- Plus a rather unusual whisky Spectrum from Amrut
Pssst… with upcoming travel, much needed restocking will take place! However posts will likely be less for a few months.
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: