July was honestly just a lot of fun. Just as June was full of travels, July was very much Mumbai focused.
Our original club and Bombay Malt & Cigar club took a break, however no mere monsoon could hold back our intrepid Whisky Ladies who tackled 5 whisky regions with:
- Lowlands – Glenkinchie 12 year 43% – Light apple cider appetizer
- Islands – Jura Turas-Mara 42% – ‘Long journey’ to silky sweetness and deceptive richness
- Highlands – Clynelish 14 year 46% – Satisfying contrast between aroma, palate and finish!
- Speyside – Cardhu 12 year 40% – An experiment comparing newly opened vs previously opened bottle…
- Islay – Ardbeg 10 year 46% – For those of the peaty persuasion!
A terrible horrible thing happened in Orlando this summer. That 50 people lost their lives and many others were injured in a shooting at a gay nightclub is beyond a tragedy. However the outrage and condemnation of the attack was a small sliver of shinning light in a very dark moment.
As I walked through the heart of Toronto’s financial district in June, everywhere were signs of support for pride month. The aftermath of Orlando brought an enhanced push to the usual preparations for pride. (more…)
I’ve lightly alluded to a pre-occupation with changing over my visa which has impacted the entire way I’ve approached continuing to keep India my base.
Short answer – I am now the proud holder of an Indian work visa! (and there was much rejoicing!!!)
Even better, I am very fortunate to partner with a company that enabled the best of both worlds – primarily support their growth while not closing the door on relevant consulting assignments in India that can be routed via their firm.
Even more remarkable, the actual submission and obtaining was relatively painless. (more on that later!) (more…)
June was full of travels! Which just so happened to prompt a few whisky adventures with:
- Amusing hour(s) selecting whiskies at London’s Whisky Exchange
- Went on a road trip to tour of Gimli’s Crown Royal plant
- Got completely distracted at a Winnipeg Liquor Mart
- Evening with Winnipeg’s “The Cabinet” whisky tasting club
- Popped into Winnipeg’s Whisky Bar (part of The Toad in the Hole on Osborne)
- Raided a friend’s whisky collection to snag a few samples to bring back to India… as he puts it “I do NOT collect stamps!“
June featured three tasting sessions! (more…)