Home » Posts tagged 'Kornog'
Tag Archives: Kornog
July was honestly just a lot of fun. Just as June was full of travels, July was very much Mumbai focused.
Our original club and Bombay Malt & Cigar club took a break, however no mere monsoon could hold back our intrepid Whisky Ladies who tackled 5 whisky regions with:
- Lowlands – Glenkinchie 12 year 43% – Light apple cider appetizer
- Islands – Jura Turas-Mara 42% – ‘Long journey’ to silky sweetness and deceptive richness
- Highlands – Clynelish 14 year 46% – Satisfying contrast between aroma, palate and finish!
- Speyside – Cardhu 12 year 40% – An experiment comparing newly opened vs previously opened bottle…
- Islay – Ardbeg 10 year 46% – For those of the peaty persuasion!
June was full of travels! Which just so happened to prompt a few whisky adventures with:
- Amusing hour(s) selecting whiskies at London’s Whisky Exchange
- Went on a road trip to tour of Gimli’s Crown Royal plant
- Got completely distracted at a Winnipeg Liquor Mart
- Evening with Winnipeg’s “The Cabinet” whisky tasting club
- Popped into Winnipeg’s Whisky Bar (part of The Toad in the Hole on Osborne)
- Raided a friend’s whisky collection to snag a few samples to bring back to India… as he puts it “I do NOT collect stamps!“
June featured three tasting sessions! (more…)
Whisky wise, July was a slow month for this Whisky Lady!
Let’s just say I know better than to waste quality whisky on a stuffed nose / dulled taste buds or attempt to write something coherent when all I want to do is go back to bed and nurse my miserable cold.
So instead of whining about what wasn’t accomplished, decided to focus on posts to come thanks to July developments!
Here are a few possibilities: (more…)