Just wanted to raise a virtual toast and wish you all a very Happy New Years!!
As I was away in Indonesia for most of December, my Whisky Lady posts were mostly catch-up on earlier tasting experiences…
Once again the Bombay & Malt and Cigar gentlemen managed to accommodate my mad travel schedule and arranged our night to coincide with my limited dates back in Mumbai. The theme was Berrys’ and a blend featuring:
- Berrys’ Speyside 46% – Sour cherries meets bitter sherry… hmm….
- Berrys’ Islay 46% – Peaty sweet cinnamon spice…
- Ghosted Reserve No 2 42.8% – A trio of lost Lowland distillery spirits from Ladyburn, Inverleven and Dumbarton…
The Whisky Ladies may have skipped the December session, however I published the tasting notes on our November trio of ‘contributors choice’ whiskies plus an experiment comparing Glencairn and Norlan tasting glasses featuring:
- Old Pultney 21 year 46% – What a treat and a perfect start to the evening!
- Benromach 10 year 100° proof 57% – Subtle smoke combined with light sherry spice – yum!
- Bowmore Blackrock NAS 40% – A peatier bolder whisky…
- And a special treat from my Whisky Live Singapore adventures – Hampden 2010 Jamaican Pure Single Rum HLCF, 6 year 68.5%
Knowing I would be pre-occupied with traveling, brushed off from the archives some earlier tasting sessions:
- Food pairing with Cragganmore, Talisker, Lagavulin, Springbank 18 year
- Kavalan Concertmaster, Solist Sherry Cask, Ardbeg Galileo, Dutch All Rye
- Oban 14 year, Deanston 12 year, The Six Isles and Yellow Spot
December featured the first of several forthcoming posts from Whisky Live Singapore:
- Whisky Live Survival Guide – How to have fun without the headache
- Teeling Tasting Trio – A terrific start to sampling adventures
- Bruichladddich Black Art 4.1 – One of those remarkable memorable “I’m so grateful to have sampled” type whiskies…
Plus a sprinkling of other posts:
- Airport adventures with Àraid 21 year 43%
- Closing with Feeling rather Scottish – Farewell 2016
I also shared notes from the 2016 Winnipeg Whisky stash samples:
My original plan was to continue sipping, sampling and sharing the balance Canadian stash on my return… however a wicked cold had other plans for me and one should never waste good whisky on a stuffed up nose!
So once again – raising a virtual toast to friends near and far – may 2017 be full of merriment and more!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find my Whisky Lady in India avatar on:
- Blog https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Reblogged this on Whisky Lady.