Happy Diwali and Hallowe’en everyone!!!
As the lights glow, firecrackers pop and people get dressed up in silly costumes, time for my monthly Whisky Lady round up! Even being away in Jakarta for a good part of September and early October did not deter sampling adventures….
Nor an opportunity to share an extract of an interview with Inver House (AnCnoc, Balblair, Old Pulteney, Speyburn, Hanky Bannister, Caorunn) Master Distiller Stuart Harvey on whether “Single Malt drinkers are promiscuous.“
All three Mumbai tasting groups packed their sessions into less than a week:
- BMC Blind Surprise – Old Pulteney 17 year 46%, Westland Sherry 46%, Amrut Bourbon 62.8%
- Whisky ladies go west! – Pine Barrens Single Malt (Batch 13) 47.5%, Stranahan’s Original (Batch 182) 47%, Westland Sherry Wood 46%, A.D. Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon (Batch 8) 47.5%, Woodford Reserve (Batch 133) 43.2% + Ole Smoky Moonshine 50%
- Original – Mixes things up! – Connemara NAS 40%, Glengoyne 18 year 43%, Glenlivet Master Distiller’s Reserve 40%
There was also an opportunity to explore Miniatures
- Speyside – Innocuous appetizer
- Edradour 10 year – Delicious revisit
- Glendronach 18 & 21 year – Yum and yummier!
- Which was followed by a revisit of the stunning Laphroaig T5 21 year 53.4%
These sessions were augmented by a few more sampling experiencings:
- Malt Maniac’s Krishna Nakula visited with even more special whiskies!
- Thanks to my partner’s trip to perform in London, acquired a Caorunn Gin to beat the Mumbai heat!
- And a “farewell” Hazelwood 21 year tasting courtesy of a friend departing Mumbai
From the archives, I unearthed:
- Balvenie Carribean Cask 14 year, Tomatin 12 year and Knockando 12 year
- Glenlivet Nadurra, Scapa 16 year, Mitcher’s Straight Rye, Kilchoman Spring 2011 release with Caroni 18 year rum
You can also find a few more pages:
- Asia – Explore whiskies from Australia, Japan, Taiwan
- India – Currently featuring only Amrut & Paul John
- Ireland & Wales – More than just Jameson & Bushmills!
- North America – Canadian and American offerings…
Finally, last but not least, my travels included an opportunity to explore whisky haunts in Jakarta, Indonesia… you may hear more on that post project.
Come join me in the continued whisky and other adventures!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find my Whisky Lady in India avatar on:
- Blog https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Reblogged this on Whisky Lady.