Mumbai monsoons are a time to curl up with a hot cup of chai and crisp pakoras…
With cooler temperatures also comes most enjoyable conditions for a dram or two… which this Whisky Lady indeed did!
Our original club took a hiatus however the Whisky Ladies of Mumbai celebrated our 1st anniversary in style! We went ‘potluck’ – both on the whiskies and nibbles, inviting friends to join the merriment. In honour of our anniversary, I also launched a new “Whisky Ladies Corner” to feature a few special Whisky Ladies posts.
Our Bombay Malt & Cigar lads were back at it in August with some remarkably “Affordable Adult” whiskies:
- Imperial 20 year (1995) 54.8% – Stellar start from a discontinued distillery
- Benrinnes 24 (1991) 52.8% – Best sampled a second time after oxidation
- Linkwood 25 43% (G&MP) – The loveliest of the lot!
- Blair Athol 27 year (1988) 55.7% – The boldest of the bunch
Plus enjoyed more whisky wanderings with:
- Introduced the Nordic Whiskies – Explorers Edition
- Also introduced miniatures sampled in August – The Whisky Exchange’s Covent Garden Reserve’s Edition No 1 Speyside + No 2 Islay, Tomatin Legacy, Highland Park 8 year (G&MP),
- Shared my experience “Speed dating” whisky in Singapore at La Maison du Whisky & Changi Airport
- Finally polished off and published notes from a master class bonus of Old Pulteney 21 year
Caught up on an evening spent with Winnipeg’s The Cabinet where we sampled:
- RoseBank 21 year (1990/2011) 53.8% as a ‘starter’ – Increasingly rare discontinued lowland whisky
- Ledaig 10 year 46.3% – Excellent easy drinking entry to Islay peat
- Talisker Storm 45.8% – Sea breeze and smoke
- Paul John Peated 55.5% – Clear ‘hit’ with the Winnipeg lads!
Do check out The Cabinet‘s post “Peat” too!
From the archives, revisited a Kentucky Straight Bourbon experiences with:
- A jazzy night in Singapore with Elijah Craig – Corn, wet leather and sweet spice
- WL Weller Special Reserve – Banana toffee with all the ‘ticks’ for a bourbon
- Buffalo Trace 40% – Citrus honey, spirited spice with a dry finish
- Barton’s 1792 Ridgemont Reserve 46.85% – Overripe fuits with pepper spice
- Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon 46.5% – Collecting the Col Blanton’s whisky off to the races!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on:
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Reblogged this on Whisky Lady.