Before flying off, managed to sneak in a session with the Bombay & Malt and Cigar gentlemen which was a quest for quality affordable cask strength whiskies:
- Linkwood 24 year (1991/2015) Cask No 586497 53.8% (TWE) – Somehow just too much discord between nose and palate…
- Longmorn 24 year (1990/2015) 53.7% (TWE) – Autumn delight, all elements in harmony
- Balmenach 26 year (1988/2015) Cask No 3242 51.1% (Signatory) – Faaaar too easy to enjoy
Our original tasting group carried on to sample an interesting assortment of Teeling whiskies – which I also tried at Whisky Live in Singapore… so didn’t feel completely left out!
- Old Pultney 21 year 46% – What a treat and a perfect start to the evening!
- Benromach 10 year 100′ proof 57% – Subtle smoke combined with light sherry spice – yum!
- Bowmore Blackrock NAS 40% – A peatier bolder whisky…
- And a special treat from my Whisky Live Singapore adventures – Hampden 2010 Jamaican Pure Single Rum HLCF, 6 year 68.5%
My Nordic Whiskies – Explorers Edition continued its journey with:
- Mackmyra Preludium 01 “De Första Dropparna” 3 year 55.6% (Sweden) – An interesting experiment
- Mackmyra “Dram Good Whisky” No 3, 8 year 54.4% (Sweden) – Juniper, pine, minerals… a bit ‘woodsy’ and quite drinkable
- Mackmyra Bachair 3 year Private Cask (Sweden) – Something distinctly different going on here…
- Audny Series 3, 4 year 46% (Norway) – Sigh… hoped for more…
I also shared a few additional musing such as:
- From the archives – Singleton, GlenDronach, All Malt & Belgium Owl
- Glengoyne 21 year marmalade… that will hopefully be sampled tonight!
And published the previous Whisky Ladies tasting notes from our American adventures:
- Pine Barrens Single Malt (Batch 13) 47.5% – Beer whisky? Why yes, we wouldn’t mind…
- Stranahan’s Original (Batch 182) 47% – Colorado’s single malt… a bit harsh, young and best drowned in cold water with ice
- Westland Sherry Wood 46% – A fine single malt!! Yet another ‘hit’ from Westland
- Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine 50% – Moonshine simply isn’t for everyone… curds, candy corn, cucumber and coconut
- A.D. Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon (Batch 8) 47.5% – Wow! Now if this is what bourbon can be, there may be some converts!
- Woodford Reserve (Batch 133) 43.2% – A more traditional bourbon
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find my Whisky Lady in India avatar on:
- Blog https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN