June was full of so many things – work, travel to London, Winnipeg, Singapore and more!
As for the Whisky Lady side of things?
We had a wee bit of media attention… with a full page feature in the Mumbai Mirror. Be amused… be very amused….
I was completely humbled by meeting Sukhinder Singh, the guru of The Whisky Exchange, with an opportunity to visit his temple to whisky aka Board Room private collection, rare malts room and private bar in his head office. What a remarkable experience!!
Naturally, our tasting sessions continued…
The Whisky Ladies decided to have ‘A Night with Glen‘ featuring:
- Glencadam 15 year 46% – Serve chilled…
- Glenlivet Master Distiller’s Reserve 40% – It isn’t offensive…
- Glenmorangie The Original 40% – Nice to revisit the base for all Glenmorangies!
- Glenmorangie The Tayne 43% – Clearly the best of the bunch!!
Our original group had an unusual range:
- From India… Rampur 43% – A quite decent start…
- From near Buckingham Palace… Royal Lochnagar 12 year 40% – Varnish, sharp then settles in…
- From an aged grain… Girvan Patent Still 28 year 43% – Rare opportunity to sample an aged grain
- with Suntory’s Toki 43% bonus which pairs great with deserts!
The gents from the Bombay Malt & Cigar club didn’t have a June session, but I did post our May tasting of undisclosed distilleries with:
And while I was off gallivanting around Canada, decided to share some light summery whiskey cocktail recipes, courtesy of DISCUS with American whiskies:
- Old Fashioned – Bourbon, bitters, sugar with a twist of orange
- Manhattan – Bourbon, vermouth + bitters
- Mint Julep – Bourbon, simple syrup, bitters + mint
- The Ginger Baker – Tennessee whisky, ginger, lime + pineapple juice, orgeat syrup with a slice of pineapple
- Spiced Boulevardier – Infused bourbon, vermouth, campari with a twist of orange or almonds
With a few more posts including:
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: