The concept of an ‘adda’ in India is broadly a gathering of people in prolonged conversation. What primarily comes to mind when I hear this word is a group of guys in Kolkata in animated earnest debate, perhaps over a cup of chai collected by the side of a road.
So often that it is well known which table is ‘his’ and there is even a photo next to ‘his’ table with a quote from him about the Bagel Shop being his ‘adda’.
Any local hang-out spot near you where you can count on a good conversation?
Other Sunday Snaps:
- Introducing Sunday Snaps
- “Its the coconut man!” in Delhi
- “What the heck?” in Mumbai
- “This table is reserved!” in Singapore
- “When is duck not duck?” In Bombay
- Mmmmm mangosteens in Bangkok
- Night sky in Singapore