Nine months ago, if I’d got ‘knocked up’, we’d be saying “It’s a girl/boy!”
Instead, I’m delighted to celebrate “It’s a blog!” as “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” reaches its 3rd quarter – yipee!
I gotta admit though, this quarter didn’t exactly turn out as planned…
I expected to be in Jakarta and couldn’t wait to explore more of that amazing city and other parts of Indonesia! While I was busy with the Indonesian project til 2nd week December, most work was done remotely in Mumbai. With a shift in business model and priorities, there won’t be future trips for this client… sigh… however ‘fingers crossed’ more projects will come that involve travel!
- My partner had a film shoot planned in Budapest in December. Seemed a great excuse to spend some time in Europe – I had dreams of joining for a bit, pop over to Prague to see a dear friend, amble on to Amsterdam for another friend’s new nightclub opening. Alas, the film hit a snag and…. again sigh… no news on if/when either the film shoot will happen or where.
- With these developments, we decided to stay put, revelling in the delights and distractions Mumbai always has on offer – not such a bad thing. 🙂
As for the blog, this quarter hit some cool milestones:
A new single day top views ‘high’ on 26 Dec when I posted Merry Christmas Mercedes?! I still can’t believe my partner got a Benz for Xmas??
- This is the 100th post – not bad when I originally set a goal of 1 post a week!!
- Folks from 80 countries stopped by with views inching towards the 10,000 mark – wowie!
- Received the Dragon’s Loyalty Award where I could say “THANK YOU” to some fabulous folks who keep coming back and regularly comment
I experimented with my 1st poll with some terrific feedback! What was amusing is someone added “Love it all!” to the poll for “And sorry, I just don’t care for posts about…”
Rather than feature only the top 5 posts for the quarter, here are the ‘winners’ for each category:
- Whisky posts may not be to everyone’s tastes but are rocking stats-wise with Whisky Tasting (17 Oct 2013) – Balvenie Triple Cask, Wasmund’s, The Speyside the top post for the quarter
Next up from the Every Day category is a new post Merry Christmas Mercedes?! edging ahead in just 3 days B-B-B-B-Birthday Celebrations – Quintuple style!
- Discovering Difference also had a popular new post with Tis the season to get “marry”ed… again about re-marriage
- Travel tops with a trip I never took My 1st class flight to nowhere! testing Mumbai’s new international airport terminal
- And last but not least, Music Musings – Ask Your Sister is the Music category favourite
With 2014 peaking around the corner, I wonder what surprises and new every day adventures are in store?
Big YAYs for 10,000 hits and completing 9 months. Looking forward to more!
Inching towards… should be there in a day or two if things keep up 🙂
I can still remember getting 999 views and going – people are actually reading this???
We’ll never catch up with Linda 😉
Congrats on your staying power and unabated enthusiasm! I notice that most people give up after about three months.
Long live blog faffery.
Ha ha, well, you’d have to become the most hated woman in Asia to do that and I don’t recommend it – though it does wonders for one’s stats 😉
My year anniversary will be at the end of January. Think I need a bombshell… 🙂
Keep up the good work and congrats on making it past the 3 and 6-month drop off periods! Here’s to the next 10,000 views!
A bombshell…? You getting married to 21-yr old Janis should do it. C’mon, it’d be good for the stats 😉
My mother really would kill me then 😉
Not if you got pregnant before she found out. That’s part of the bombshell. In for a penny, in for a pound!
Weeeelll, she was going on about all the grandkids floating about. I told her to get over it and focus on my younger sister 😉
Ah, you have one of those! Phew! Been using the same strategy – all hopes are pinned on my younger brother.
I fear she’s more hopeless than me though 😉 She’s still living with my parents! But then, I’m living in Latvia so I guess we’re even stevens at the moment 😉
I don’t think living abroad, independently, is on a par with living with one’s parents…
Depends on the country 😉 She probably has more chance of meeting a decent dude sitting on the sofa at home 😉
Woke up, read this thread, couldn’t stop laughing! I’ve got tears in my eyes and an ache in my belly from laughter – you two are nuts! (In the best possible way!)
So thanks but no thanks to becoming the most notorious/hated woman in Asia… quite happy to remain under the press radar after hearing about Linda’s experience! 🙂
However… you do realize that 1st anniversaries deserve some serious fan fare? Maybe not the ‘bombshell’ of a 21 year Janis…. you could always send a Janis or two to your younger sister and celebrate her getting ‘knocked up’ and ‘tying the knot’ with one them???
But yes – cheers to younger siblings valiantly taking on the mantle of parenthood. Now in my mid-40s, folks have given up and adore their grandkids living only 10 mins walk away back in Winnipeg. Thanks sis!!!
And thanks both of you for helping me celebrate making it to 9 months with oodles of guffaws and chortles!
I was a bit worried that you’d have our comments in for moderation from now on…
Now why would I do something as silly as squash free entertainment er.. speech?! 🙂
I blame Linda…she’s a bad influence!
Yeah yeah… but who was the original instigator…. hmmm???
Congrats! I am so glad you are still going strong as I am struggling to keep myself in line with so much going on. I enjoy each post!
Thank you!!! Am enjoying and have the time / flexibility to have fun with it. Am perfectly aware that another project will play havoc with frequency and have always been impressed with the regularity and quality of your posts. Hope all going great back ‘home’. 🙂