Nine months ago, if I’d got ‘knocked up’, we’d be saying “It’s a girl/boy!”
Instead, I’m delighted to celebrate “It’s a blog!” as “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” reaches its 3rd quarter – yipee!
I gotta admit though, this quarter didn’t exactly turn out as planned…
I expected to be in Jakarta and couldn’t wait to explore more of that amazing city and other parts of Indonesia! While I was busy with the Indonesian project til 2nd week December, most work was done remotely in Mumbai. With a shift in business model and priorities, there won’t be future trips for this client… sigh… however ‘fingers crossed’ more projects will come that involve travel!
- My partner had a film shoot planned in Budapest in December. Seemed a great excuse to spend some time in Europe – I had dreams of joining for a bit, pop over to Prague to see a dear friend, amble on to Amsterdam for another friend’s new nightclub opening. Alas, the film hit a snag and…. again sigh… no news on if/when either the film shoot will happen or where.
- With these developments, we decided to stay put, revelling in the delights and distractions Mumbai always has on offer – not such a bad thing. 🙂
As for the blog, this quarter hit some cool milestones:
- This is the 100th post – not bad when I originally set a goal of 1 post a week!!
- Folks from 80 countries stopped by with views inching towards the 10,000 mark – wowie!
- Received the Dragon’s Loyalty Award where I could say “THANK YOU” to some fabulous folks who keep coming back and regularly comment
I experimented with my 1st poll with some terrific feedback! What was amusing is someone added “Love it all!” to the poll for “And sorry, I just don’t care for posts about…”
Rather than feature only the top 5 posts for the quarter, here are the ‘winners’ for each category:
- Whisky posts may not be to everyone’s tastes but are rocking stats-wise with Whisky Tasting (17 Oct 2013) – Balvenie Triple Cask, Wasmund’s, The Speyside the top post for the quarter
- Discovering Difference also had a popular new post with Tis the season to get “marry”ed… again about re-marriage
- Travel tops with a trip I never took My 1st class flight to nowhere! testing Mumbai’s new international airport terminal
- And last but not least, Music Musings – Ask Your Sister is the Music category favourite
With 2014 peaking around the corner, I wonder what surprises and new every day adventures are in store?