Can you believe it? “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” is half a year old!?!
It would have been impossible without all the comments and encouragement from fellow WordPress bloggers, folks following through various social media and real life friends who keep surprising me by actually reading and chatting about topics in posts of interest to them.
This quarter, I’ve been thinking about living and working in more than one country.
- A year ago, I had a role where I was responsible for over a dozen countries professional learning & development, knowledge management and internal communications. It was an amazing experience with a wealth of insights, fabulous folks and great learnings too!
- Today, I am working on a project focused on one country – Indonesia (“Wanna work in Jakarta?”). It is a huge departure from living out of a small suitcase hopping city to city, country to country, to commuting only between India and Indonesia. The work is intense with limited time to explore, however it remains a huge privilege and I still hope to fit in a few opportunities for adventures before the project finishes early 2014.
This quarter’s Top 5 popular posts are:
- “Can you drop the Indian accent?” surpassed “Ding Dong!” or inconvenient conveniences for top views in a single day and is the quarter favourite for both views and comments. I love the nuances of accent, language and culture and clearly have company!
- I shared a difficult topic in ‘Eve Teasing’ – The other side of my love affair with India which prompted meaningful discussions. I maintain we – both genders – have a collective role to play in making progress against this tragic and largely silent universal phenomenon.
- Given fascination with Bollywood, the photo with Irrfan Khan in Bollywood baby birthday bashes had fans!
- The ‘brush with fame’ appeal continued with Lesle Lewis in Back in Bombay… and straight to Bandra!
- With a nod to our Canada trip, top 5 closes with Winnipeg Folk Fest Part 2: With a LOT of help from our friends!
I also introduced regular features focused on two of my favourite things:
- Shine on Award!
- Trophy Accident: Celebrating 100 followers (Pssst – today’s count is 199)
With just another quarter to go with the Indonesia project, I wonder what surprises and adventures are just around the corner?
Which was your favourite post? Why?
Any sage advice from my experienced blogging friends for the next half year?
Keep it up! The quarters fly by!
Thanks Greta! I can’t believe I’ve sustained it so far… and raring to go for more. 🙂
It’s amazing how fast it goes isn’t it, I think I’m slightly behind you, coming up for my 6month blog birthday soon. Congratulations! I love your blog and can’t wait to keep reading about the next six months! 🙂
Yup… had a flash back to nervous first and second posts, struggling with words, wrestling with WordPress…
I love your blog too and I’ll be there to celebrate your six month anniversary with bells on!
Thank you! I was the same… well still struggling with it all actually, but enjoying it lots which is the main thing! 🙂
Indeed – the enjoyment factor prevails! However I don’t think I’ll ever get over wrestling with technology – for example I’m afraid to participate in Daily Posts as I can’t figure out how to manage all the ping back / track back / whatever the heck they are things!!
Another notch in the blog post 😉
Thank ye kindly!!
Congrats! Mine will be 9 months tomorrow 🙂 My baby’s growing up haha! Keep up the good work!
Woo hoo! Happy 3/4 blog birthday in advance!!
Thanks! 🙂 Might bake another cake haha!
Pretty please share some!!