Believe it or not, Whisky Lady is celebrating 6 months of publishing whisky tasting adventures!
June developments included:
- Tasting session treats from Ireland, USA and Scotland
- A trip to Singapore with three whisky sampling stops
- Jaunt to London, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Toronto with one more stop to come in London before returning home to Mumbai
Our June tasting session featured remarkable whiskies from three countries:
- Ireland – Tullamore Dew Phoenix 55% – Does a little jig on your palate with fruity sweetness and spice
- American – Westland Cask No 395 Hand Filled 54.6% – Remarkable craft whisky chock full of creativity and character!
- Scotland – Ledaig 18 year 46.3% – A meaty peaty Isle of Mull offering….
My Singapore adventures were chock full of whisky sampling fun:
- Tour of the remarkable collection at The Auld Alliance plus two sampling sets of whiskies from Scotland and the world!
- Stop by La Maison du Whisky (LMDW) where I swished around a few samples including two Compass Box offerings
- Quaich bar where we tried a disappointing Glenglassaugh Torfa and the yummy Hazelburn 12 year
The LMDW stop lead to a flashback to an earlier Compass Box trilogy:
- Great King Street – Artist’s Blend – A lighter, politer cousin of the Glasgow Blend
- Spice Tree – Delicious!
- The Peat Monster – Deceptively approachable for so much peat
In July, expect more tasting notes on the amazing whiskies sampled at The Auld Alliance and adventures from our Canada / UK trip.
Just for a teaser… check out what my aunt and uncle brought for lucky me… a “small” sampling set from their whisky collection. Do they know their niece or what??
Until then – Slainthe!
Curious to know more? Start with Whisky Lady’s monthly missives :
- Whisky Lady – May merriment
- Whisky Lady – April adventures
- Whisky Lady – March madness
- Whisky Lady – February fun
- Whisky Lady – January journal
You can also find Whisky Lady on: