Lately I’ve been caught calling Singapore my ‘alternate’ home…
My original home is Canada.
My adopted home is India.
My work home is often (happily!) Indonesia among many other countries across Asia.
However my international company is based in Singapore. It is my work hub, my frequent hop stop from various countries… and when I’m away too long, I get this itchy feeling… and my fingers reach out to book a flight!
So this week I’m off to Singapore for a mad time chock-full of all sorts of activities. A sneak peak into a few include:
- Zip from airport to an evening of jazz with an old high school buddy
- Co-facilitate a session at a Women’s Leadership Development workshop
- Meetings, meetings and more meetings over coffee, lunch, more coffee, maybe some tea… with hopes something somewhere ‘clicks’ and there will be some interesting next steps
- Slightly mind-numbing accounting and annual file preparation… ugh!
- Feasting as food is just too good! And best accompanied with friends and general fun faffery
- Explore a few whisky hot spots with more than one set of fabulous folks
- Inspect (oops meet!) the new ‘man’ of a dear friend and see how the little one of another is growing up!
- A stroll along the East Coast… just because I’m lucky enough to be staying nearby
Honestly… I can’t wait to get on that plane and plunge back into Singapore life for a few days.
And I know… none of this sounds like a wild ‘explore the world’ kinda trip. It is just catching up on regular life type activities.
Because after all… Singapore is my ‘alternate’ home.