I returned from Singapore to a muggy Mumbai… the kind of weather where you feel sluggish and slow.
I also returned with a freshly injured ankle, so put myself under ‘house arrest’. Which meant an opportunity to witness our living room be transformed into
- A salon for theatrical readings of new plays my partner is planning to produce…
- A film set where our bookshelves became backdrop to a short scene
- An impromptu evening of merriment (my favourite kind!)
While I busied myself with post-Singapore trip follow-up, plunged into the depths of accounts (ugh!), day after day, we had no respite from the humid heat. Teasingly, rains would come only at night where the drop in temperature had negligible impact.
Each morning our maid would share her impatience for the rains… everyone knows how important a good monsoon is to the people and economy of this country. A poor monsoon is devastating. A good monsoon brings prosperity.
Early this morning the heavens opened and the deluge began… and didn’t stop… I think it’s safe to say hello monsoon! Welcome back and may you shower us with blessings this year!
- Swinging into Singapore – an ‘alternate’ home
- Mumbai monsoon, Manitoba memories
- Monsoon soup – what to make when the rains won’t stop
- “Whadya want?” Bookshelves?!