We are about to renew our lease for another three years and decided it was time to make a few changes.
Coincidentally, it is around the time of our birthdays too.
So when my partner insisted I say what I wanted this year, my response was none of the typical stuff…
No sirree! What did I want? What did I really want?
Yup! No namby pamby princess-y stuff for me! Bring on the power tools and make me a couple bookshelves!
And sure enough, just in the nick of time, we have SHELVES!
So… here for your visual enjoyment (not auditory assault) are a few pics of the work in progress on the new 2nd bookcase for the living room…
- Naturally it isn’t so simple as popping over to a store and buying ready-made shelves…
- Nor is it pulling out your own power tools & buying lumber to make…
- Nope! We had three guys measure, saw, pound, sand, varnish and drill away all day to build our lovely new bookcase!
From blank wall, to empty bookshelf, to the initial stages of adding a ‘few’ CDs… hmm… this is beginning to look more like a CD and not a BOOK-case!
Let’s see if the newbie becomes as famous as the original which graced the front page of the Times of India last year.
So delighted with our new book / CD / whatever…. shelves!
And for those of you still enjoying the biggest dress up day of the year – Happy Hallowe’en!!
Anyone else get a super cool fabulously useful birthday prezzie?
- B-B-B-Birthday celebrations – Quintuple style!
- Bollywood baby birthday bashes
- Time Travel Triggers – Hanif Kureishi