Gee… it seems like only yesterday I wrote the 5th Quarter Summary… However now that I’m ‘grounded’ in Mumbai, am back in the ‘posting grove’ with “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” after a longish hiatus. And proud for being ON TIME (as opposed to Indian stretchable time) with this update.
This 6th quarter brought:
- The close of a great project in Jakarta with lots of trips between Indonesia and India, some stops in Singapore and transits through Kuala Lumpur for good measure
- Minimal down-time in Mumbai thanks to the Diwali festival season and social whirl!
- Went to Delhi for a lovely Bollywood wedding (no post yet folks!)
- Published a spin-off blog for my whisky whimsy with ‘Whisky Lady‘ however still dithering about where I want to go with it…
For Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly), this quarter’s most popular posts were from previous periods… rather predictable given limited activity until recently:
- Previous quarter post Visa o visa woes! was numero uno!
- The whisky posts Balvenie Triple Cask, Wasmund’s, The Speyside seems a perennial favourite – think Greta from Zhonghuo Jungle is right about some search engine somewhere finds certain posts!
- Don’t laugh… but the next most popular post was from a previous year! Happy Independence Day India + Indonesia!!
However for those ACTUALLY published during 6th quarter, the ‘hit list’ include:
- The wedding that wasn’t then was… on a friend’s wedding being postponed by the national elections (check out the happy couple above!)
- The great reveal… updating on progress opening companies lead to lots of online and offline attention (Honest – it IS possible to open a company in Singapore and not actually LIVE there!)
- NOTA vote for Maharashtra about the state elections was next
- Food favourite was ‘Pop’ home for ‘pop up’ Assamese
- With top comments in response to Ottawa shooting – Loss of more than just innocence…
At the moment I’m debating whether to be sensible and stick around Mumbai to make progress on stuff here or have a little adventure and ‘flit’ off to Amsterdam for a few days… you’ll know soon enough!
Thanks as always for sticking around – reading, commenting and to folks who suggest topics they’d like to know more about – all in good time my friends… all in good time….
- 5th Quarter Summary
- 4th Quarter Summary
- 3rd Quarter Summary
- 2nd Quarter Summary
- 1st Quarter Summary
- Blog trivia