When I started this blog more than 5 quarters ago… I had a vague notion of posting about 4 times a month, dredge up observations from current and past trips and generally amuse myself by sharing tales primarily with family and friends, simply using the blog as the ‘means’.
What I found is there is a whole fabulous blogging community out there and yet at the same time – just because someone else prepares beautiful crafted, witty, thoughtful posts on a regular basis – it is not a competition! You decide what to accomplish and it is perfectly fine to be ‘undisciplined’ because this is a choice not a chore!
That being said, I like having these little quarterly round ups as an opportunity to take a step back and reflect on what the heck I’ve been up to for 3 months!
So decided that now that I’ve overcome (please let this be the case!!) the worst of computer disasters & WordPress access issues, am more or less walking and finished up my part in the most recent Jakarta project, it is high time to get re-acquainted with “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” by taking a stab at a much delayed 5th quarter summary.
This 5th quarter brought:
- More work in Jakarta – yippee! With countless trips back n forth shuttling between India and Indonesia
- First trip ever to Japan – I wanna go baaaack!!!
- Return to China and Philippines (can get a whiff in Sleep deprived Sundays… a traveler’s lament)
- Opening two out of three companies… yes there is more to that story….
As for the blog, with all my traveling and computer issues, was rather quiet:
- On a more serious note, also garnered attention
- And the whisky fav featured Singleton Artisan, Sullivans Cove, Bowmore 21
What I also observed is that dreadful neglect of ones blog leads to an abundance of spam. I could completely relate when ‘8 minutes’ wrote of this phenomenon in “You know you have to come back when…”
Now that I’m home with less aggressive demands on my time, intend to get back to sharing tales and observations from various trips and every day life in Asia. Oh… and liberal doses of blogging faffery!!!
Thanks for tuning in folks!