I love traveling, experiencing new places, those random conversations that bring new perspectives and insights…
I also love being home with my partner, hanging out with friends, catching live music, theatre and more!
I also love Love LOVE lazy Sundays…. no alarm, wake up when you want, stretch, have that first blissful sip of cappuccino.
Thanks to my desire for both traveling/work and wanting to be home, I’ve given up most of my sleep-in Sundays! I’ve also learned a new trick – navigating international travel and working ‘abroad’ with an injury! A tenacious torn ligament dashed all normal dashing about at my usual pace…. grrr……
Limping to 4 countries in 8 days with a disability really IS nutso! However working contract to contract means that when there is an opportunity – you jump (or in my case one foot hop!).
I’m lucky enough to thoroughly enjoy the work I do, and even luckier to get it with the added bonus of it taking me to fabulous places – so injury or not – off I hobbled!
Mumbai to Jakarta (Sunday, 11 May 2014)
- Re-wind… a month back was recovering in Mumbai… Eventually it was time to get back to Jakarta.
- So early Sunday morning 11 May, I hauled myself out of bed to the airport where made full use of wheelchair services to get from Mumbai – Singapore – Jakarta.
Jakarta to Manila (Sunday, 25 May 2014)
But my journey did not end in Jakarta, my Sunday sleep-in was thwarted by an early morning alarm reminding me I need to warm up my stiff aching ankle for travel.
- From the Jakarta serviced apartment to the airport, a flight to Manila and airport to the hotel to the rooftop bar, ended my day enjoying a balmy evening breeze sipping a civilized Malbec watching more planes land and take off…
- Not such a bad way to end the day of travel…
Manila to Singapore (28 May 2014)
- A productive Monday & Tuesday in Manila was followed by an early flight to Singapore on Wednesday.
- Shocked friends and former colleagues with my spectacular limping abilities, sampled whiskies followed by food, friends and a quest for reliable Wi-Fi! (surprisingly challenging!).
- Lucky me I stayed at a friend’s place on the East Coast – which meant many cab rides full of interesting conversations.
- Did my job, caught up with more friends, even squeezed in a meeting for the Jakarta project and before I knew it – Friday evening arrived and back to the airport to whiz home to Mumbai!
Singapore to Mumbai (late 30 May / early 31 May)
Let me put it on record – yes it IS worth it get home for only ONE day – you CAN pack a lot in!
- In my case my one day included an intense physio session to arm me with more exercises and tips to continue to recover while traveling, sensible shoe shopping for the day I would no longer would require the cast, hair cut, checked out a possible space for a new project, banking, future flight fixing for upcoming trip to Tokyo and Shanghai….
- Most important, quality partner time (swoon!)
Mumbai – Singapore – Jakarta (Sunday, 1 June 2014)
- Sunday morning the alarm went off… groan… another day… another airport… another flight… another airport… another flight… another airport… and eventually another bed…
Jakarta (Sunday, 8 June 2014)
- Fast forward a week – is it any wonder I slept in very late today? And am now revelling in remaining in bed looking out the window at a beautiful sunny Sunday in Jakarta… Should I get up?
- My 1st class flight to nowhere!
- Confessions of a reluctant entrepreneur
- Hopping home…
- “Wanna work in Jakarta?”