Have you ever had a ‘staycation’? A vacation when you don’t really get ‘away’ but do escape from the drudgery of the daily work grind?
My part of the Jakarta project is winding up and this is my last trip to Indonesia. I was lucky enough to fit in a bit of a vacation before heading home to India.
Original plan was to head to an island and laze on a beach… however when there was a chance to catch up with an old friend and colleague in town from Hong Kong… decided to stick around Jakarta.
That’s when the ‘staycation’ fancy took hold. The tricks for a fab staycation (in my humble opinion) are:
- Do not stay at your home or a typical hotel – In my case I couldn’t have been luckier! Courtesy of a fab girlfriend and her equally fantastic flatmate, I stayed at the swank Oakwood Premier Cozmo Jakarta in Mega Kuningan
- Be casually social – I was blessed with the perfect blend of company and happy solo time. Sharing a great space with a lovely person just made it that much more special.
- Get lost – Go for a neighbourhood wander… check out the urban art I ambled along
- Avoid traffic – Under no circumstances should you ruin the serene illusion of a staycation by venturing out and getting stuck in macet (traffic)
- Swim _ every _ single _ day!! – I made it to the pool morning, noon and night ! An example where rinse and repeat with pleasure applies! I especially enjoyed the calm of an evening splash with the lights low…
- Plan your pamper – Don’t trust the internet else your mani pedi plans will be dashed! (This was me NOT following advice)
- Massage is a must! Preferably from the convenience of your staycation abode… I had 90 mins of bliss! Again courtesy of the fab friend recommendation…
- Read a good book. Or failing that flip thru a frivolous magazine… fashion mags are sooo not my style but was amused by some absurd outfits that I wouldn’t be caught dead in!
- Eat well – Be healthy with a dash of indulgence!
- Don’t drink plonk – Life is too short for bad wine… or any poor liquid libation
What a marvellous way to bid adieu to Jakarta! It has been a privilege.
So many thanks to a great client for bringing me to Indonesia so much over the last few months.
And a million thanks to the gals that made this little extra staycation possible! I’m one very fortunate lass and look forward to returning the favour one of these years!!
I’m. So. Jealous. Except for the massages. I’m one of those weird people who doesn’t like them 😉
Yeah… can appreciate that full body massages are either your thing… or not. I now have a couple days of fun n frolic in Singapore… tough life, eh?
GO AWAY!!! 😉
Hehe! Who needs evil cats when footloose fancy free folks can rub in status while others slog away…. 😉
My finger… the UNFOLLOW button… the two are sooooo close right now…
Would it help if I confessed it won’t be all fun n games in Singapore? I also need to appoint an accountant and set up my tax stuff… gaakh!
Hmmmm… food posts would help…
Your wish is my command! I promise food!!! Maybe even some cakes…
Glad to know it went well! Enjoying things at my end – a staycation holiday!
How fab – especially with family too! Enjoy 🙂