Home » Posts tagged 'Quarter Summary'
Tag Archives: Quarter Summary
Who counts 17 quarters? Seriously?!
Quarterly updates was a tradition I began years ago – once a quarter share a bit on what is happening both in real life and a blog recap. So four and a quarter years later, I may not be regular but Everyday Asia is still around!
So what’s up?
I already shared the biggest news of all – getting married in Manitoba! Which sparked a bit of travel to London, Winnipeg (Canada), back to London, Mumbai, on to Singapore and finally back home. Not much has changed, with a few minor exceptions!
I also shared work has been busy… keeping me exceedingly pre-occupied pre and post wedding, surfacing only 2nd week of August. Reflections on one aspect of such projects led to my sharing The numbers game aka “When 1 + 2 doesn’t = 3” (or elephants have 2 trunks!). I’ve since shifted gears back to the regular activities and efforts, much neglected with the project pressures.
Ms Zoe has had a gentleman caller – Mr Q. While these two felines may not be best friends, they did become fridge buddies and could be found scampering around the flat. Q has since gone back to his home, and Zoe has repeatedly demonstrated her happiness at having her home back!
On that front… we were given notice… Our beloved rental home was up for sale. Which prompted us to consider finding our own place. After an initial check on the market, decided though prices have come down, what you get for what you pay still isn’t justified. So redirected our efforts to a rental flat. Found one… were about to sign… only to have our landlord announce he’d changed his mind!!?
As it made more sense to stay, we backed out (with much chagrin). What a weird, short but fascinating glimpse into the absurd Mumbai housing market. Sheesh!
We are taking advantage of a bit of a lull to continue to tackle reducing our clutter – move or no move – and catching up with friends. All in all a good quarter.
As for Everyday Asia? The top posts for the quarter are:
- No surprise, “What’s really been going on” gets top billing…
- Followed by “Being Mrs Smith – Life post shadi” and our “Aspirations of becoming a zamindar… sort of“
- My last Jakarta related post keeps getting attention with Sunday at Como Park, Kemang
- Thanks I’m sure to all his 6 co-parents, Quantum & Zoe’s interactions quickly grabbed attention!
- My morning routine in Singapore also made it with East Coast Stroll
Given my other blog Whisky Lady has been prodigiously producing content, my last three monthly round up made it into the top 10 with Whisky Lady’s May 2017, June 2017 and July 2017 summaries. That blog has been blasting through all expectations with the range of whiskies sampled, now surpassing Everyday Asia with over 500 posts and over 3,000 followers – yowza!
While my Everyday Asia posting may be sporadic – little when busy with projects and a sudden burst when between gigs – it continues to fun sharing a few insights into the amusing, mad and sometimes remarkable life of a Canadian transplant in India!
Thank you as always for joining the journey…
I can’t believe that Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly) is now two years old!!
What an amazing journey so far! With folks from nearly 150 countries tuning in, over 33,000 views and 2,200 comments, 220+ posts, 867 followers and counting… I’m still amazed the semi-regular ramblings of a Canadian woman about her every day life in Asia is of interest. (more…)
Funny how time zips by when you are doing nearly nothing!
While not strictly true, the 7th Quarter of “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” was certainly more sedate than previous quarters given it was minus the manic travel and project work.
This 7th quarter brought:
- An impromptu trip to Amsterdam, finally adding Europe to all my recent adventures… naturally I’ve had oodles of past ones! 😉
- Saw LOTS of theatre – some fabulous and some definitely not!
- Mad marriage marathons in Mumbai… once I’m fully recovered I may share some of the gory details!
- Oodles of family visitors for the Christmas / New Years season
- And finally a focus on fitness for the slow journey back to normality post ankle injury – including shuffling along to support Avehi Abacus at the Mumbai Marathon!
Gee… it seems like only yesterday I wrote the 5th Quarter Summary… However now that I’m ‘grounded’ in Mumbai, am back in the ‘posting grove’ with “Every Day Adventures in Asia (Mostly)” after a longish hiatus. And proud for being ON TIME (as opposed to Indian stretchable time) with this update. (more…)