In Canada, September is when you taste the first chill of autumn. Whereas here in India, the weather remained sultry for this Whisky Lady!
It was also a seriously HOT posting month!
- Celebrated 100 posts with “100 whisk(ey) posts with 100 whiskies!“
- Shared my current ‘Top 10 whisk(ey)s… sort of‘
- Believe it or not – “You seriously spit out whisky?!” sometimes…
Our regular monthly tasting session featured three unique whiskies that just so happen to work great in cocktails too:
- Scotland’s Compass Box Juveniles – Revisited an effervescent playful blend
- America’s Corsair Triple Smoke – Now we are talkin!
- Ireland’s Greenore Single Grain 18 year – Friendly light
- Two very different ‘Old Fashioned‘ recipes with the Corsair + Greenore
Last night, our 2nd whisky women’s Mumbai evening had a special guest with Karen Walker, International Beverage Marketing Director who shared tales and insights from their Scottish distilleries. (Tasting notes & interview to come!)
- Began with a refreshing Caorunn gin & tonic / soda with a slice of apple
- Kicked off our whisky sipping with the Balblair 03
- Skipped over to Speyside to sample the Speyburn 10 year
- Enjoyed the maritime spray of Old Pulteney 12 year
- Closed the evening with anCnoc 12 (and had a whiff of the 22!)
Beyond two tasting sessions, also shared a few reviews:
- A little bonus bottle Johnnie Walker ‘The Spice Road’
- Kininvie 17 quandary no more!
- Canadian nostalgia run awry with Glen Breton’s Rare 10 year
- Published reviews of August‘s Whisky Ladies whiskies: Yoichi 10 year and Kilchoman Coull Point
And brushed off a few more ‘tasting notes’ archives:
- Hammer Head 23 year – An exceptional piece of Czech history, pity it is an unexceptional whisky
- Nikka ‘From the Barrel‘ – Award winning offering from Japan…
- Mortlach 15 year (Gordon and MacPhail) – Delish!
Whew! It was the most active month til date with 16 posts!
Until next month – Slainthe!
Curious to know more? Start with Whisky Lady’s monthly missives :
- Whisky Lady – Awesome August
- Whisky Lady – July journeys
- Whisky Lady – June joy
- Whisky Lady – May merriment
- Whisky Lady – April adventures
- Whisky Lady – March madness
- Whisky Lady – February fun
- Whisky Lady – January journal
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: