With the recent project in Jakarta, I’ve been struggling to make time to do anything other than work. So it took a trip home to Mumbai and a little breathing space to say – “Thank you Gina of the fabulous A 4star life for the Shine On Award nomination!”
To accept the award, I need to share random 7 facts about myself (different to earlier award – Liebster) and nominate 15 other blogs I enjoy reading. If I’ve nominated you (ie blogs below), feel free to ‘accept’ and pass on the joy to others!
7 random facts
- Currently a Canadian, residing in India, working in Indonesia for a short-term project through an Australian company
- Was the 1st in my immediate family to get a passport and travel internationally at age 16
- Met Pierre Elliott Trudeau while working at Concordia University – an exceptional human being – who remains on my list of “If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?”
- Can’t ski, skate, curl to save my life! Soooooo not a typical lass from the prairies!
- Can waltz into a Bombay “page 3” event and actually know a few folks (superficial frivolous fun but a girl has to have SOME kicks!)
- When I got the contract in Jakarta, set a goal to learn a few words/phrases for 10 minutes a day… and have been an abysmal failure!
- Though have always been and likely will always be a complete urbanite, loved summers on various family & friend’s farms growing up. Yes I have attempted to card & spin wool, grubbed around in the dirt weeding, milked a goat, chased chickens, found hidden eggs and 1st drove a truck at 11? years herding cows back from the pasture with my younger sister in the back holding a new-born calf! Thank you very much!
15 more great blogs to check out:
- 3rd culture children – An experienced blogger and serial ex-pat… I’m in awe of her posts!
- A girl and her travels – An American in Russia – also a ‘top fav’ discovered post Liebster
- A long way back – A Canadian journalist sharing tales of travel from East to West
- Expat Eye on Latvia – An Irish lass’ humorous take on life in Latvia, coined ‘blouting’
- I’m not lost, I’m just exploring – An American in France
- Journalist on the run – Working, traveling, now teaching in Korea
- JoV’s Book Pyramid – For a reading fix!
- Katherine and Bruno’s Adventures Abroad – An American couple before in Ecuador now Indonesia
- My Hong Kong husband – Life of gwai mui and Hongkonger
- Plus Ultra – Amazing photos, sketches of travels with a Hong Kong Canadian perspective
- Ramblings – Her China reflections in particular are of interest to me
- So this is 40 – Connects to my Canadian prairie roots & music with her jukebox series
- Travelling Amanda – Currently in Indonesia, some great posts on working in Vietnam
- The Urge to Wander – Madhu’s stories exploring the world
- Third Eye Mom – A ‘mid-west gal‘ sharing travels to 30 countries and life in Minneapolis
There are many more I could mention – there are some fabulous blogs out there. So folks, keep exploring, blogging, reading, commenting and enjoying!