Home » Posts tagged 'Everyday Asia'
Tag Archives: Everyday Asia
The hard thing about having a “real” job rather than running my own business is that the variables beyond my control alone are simply much higher.
Before I made this big change in October 2017, I committed to myself that no matter how busy things got, I would do my best to keep up with all three Mumbai whisky tasting groups and share notes on my other blog – Whisky Lady – at my own pace and timing. A nice no pressure way to keep doing something I enjoy, fitting this little bit of pleasure around work that I’m completely absorbed (one might say obsessed) with in the attempt to make a real impact.
From Canada, USA, UAE, Singapore, Germany (twice!), all over Mumbai I bounced and slogged through weekends, holidays… and somehow managed to miss only a few whisky tasting sessions. And when I did, found a fabulous “guest” writer in a fellow whisky explorer… who has now launched his own amazing Whisky blog – Whisky Flu.
Linked to this commitment was my monthly round up here on Everyday Asia. Which for months has become the only activity I’ve managed to achieve on this blog…
So clearly it was time to stop trying to keep up appearances….
Quietly without fanfare my February monthly whisky “round-up” skipped across from here to there. If you are interested in whisky posts, do pop over to Whisky Lady… however you will no longer find once a month a list of tasting adventures here.
As for Everyday Asia? As the 1st phase of the project winds to a close, it just might be possible to “get a life” again soon… til then….
Most folks who blog get to a point where they hit an impasse… and things either flounder, falter and flop or…. change. I’m not yet ready to give up, but have certainly faltered a time or two.
Let’s be honest, I’ve been pre-occupied with a crazy long list of company / business related activities, interspersed with enjoying life and… yes… distracted by my other blog ‘Whisky Lady.’
Sure I still WANT to write but the ideas that pop in my head inspired by an experience or conversation just haven’t been making it to the publish stage.
And don’t even get me started about drafts! Anyone else have an embarassing 60+ gathering dust in your drafts folder?!
Clearly it was time for an intervention, clean-up and figure a way to get “back on the saddle” for a a renewed posting groove! (more…)
Wow! We’ve officially entered double digits for quarters… Merci all ya loyal readers and welcome newbies!
This quarter, I was interviewed & featured on two sites – how cool is that?
- Expat Focus – A website for globe trotters and bloggers from around the world…
- Learning India on working in India – a great website started by an American consultant in Chennai to help folks interested in working or living in India
Life brought a few developments too:
- Jumping for joy with the Canadian election results – finally Harper is gone!!
- Travel-wise had three trips: Delhi & Kolkata for work, Jodhpur purely for pleasure
- As for the ongoing structural repairs? After the water spray fiasco, the main building repairs are done though painting is pending… alas we still have one bedroom / balcony / bathroom to go!
- On the whisky side – started a brilliant ‘Whisky Ladies‘ group with a special guest from Inver House
Bravo you brave soul for sticking it out! For those who’ve been around since the journey began 9 quarters ago, many thanks! For those who just joined, welcome!
July brought a wee shake-up in the approach to the blog as ‘Every day adventures in Asia (mostly)’ morphed into the simpler Everyday Asia with four core themes – Home, Away, Work and Play. Fear not – this blog remains grounded in the everyday mundane activities of a transplanted Canuck living in Mumbai and traveling (mostly) around Asia. (more…)
For those tuning in only now, I recently revamped how Everyday Asia is organised.
- Work enables explorations of new places, experiences and more!
- Everyday work weaves its way into the fabric of our lives
- Getting things done in a country other than where you grew up can be… well.. different?
More than two years ago I started the blog ‘Everyday Adventures in Asia (mostly)‘ with the thought to share :
- Insights into everyday life adventures in my adopted ‘home’ India and working ‘homes’ all around Asia
- Tales of past travel adventures with a focus on Asia
- General adventures with topics of interest from the perspective of a Canadian woman living long-term in Asia
I had no feel for what blogging meant, just had a bit of time on my hands, enjoyed reading a few friend’s blogs and thought – why not? (more…)