If I was in Mumbai right now (not Jakarta), would be enjoying sampling whiskies in our monthly private whisky club.
Alas I’m missing it! So I have pulled out tasting notes from our ‘archives’ – courtesy of another member – as this was another evening I missed! The dratted down-side of travel 😉
Tasting Notes from April 2012
The evening was delightful with a very special malt selection comprising of Auchentoshan 12 year 40%, AnCnoc 40%, a not so common Deanston 46.3% and a Tomatin 21% received as a gift from the distiller.
One found the AnCnoc was almost like Compass Box’s Spice Tree with it’s spice burst. Another loves lowland whiskies so anything from there makes a good after dinner drink for him, whereas yet another chose the Tomatin as his repeat drink.
We also discovered the dramatic difference in the overall experience of tasting the same whisky in two different glasses – a regular tumbler styled glass and the recommended nosing glass by Glencairn.
While I missed sampling with our merry group, I managed to taste them at a later point… most recently the Deanston in Kuala Lumpur.
So… I can’t wait to find out what was tasted tonight and hope to track them down to try too!
- Whisky Tasting – Balvenie Triple Cask, Wasmund’s, The Speyside (17 Oct 2013)
- Whisky Tasting + Food Pairing – Cragganmore, Talisker, Lagavulin, Springbank 18 year (19 Dec 2013)
- Whisky Tasting – Singleton Artisan, Sullivans Cove, Bowmore 21 (17 Apr 2014)
- Whisky Tasting – Jameson, Green Spot + Redbreast (21 Nov 2013)
- Whisky Tasting – Jura Superstition, Glen Garioch 1797 Founders Reserve, Ardbeg Corryvreckan (20 Feb 2014)