Home » Posts tagged 'Macallan'
Tag Archives: Macallan
May brought adventures around India with trips to Kolkata, Kochi with a nice juicy project in Mumbai. It also brought the heat before the monsoon… shifting from mere heat to drenching humidity.
All three tasting groups also got into the action!
The Whisky Ladies and our original group enjoyed Bruichladdich Peat Progressions with:
- The Classic Laddie 50% – A delightful dram to start an evening… (Whisky Ladies only)
- The Laddie Eight 50% – Nose keeps evolving, following through on the palate (Original only)
- Bere Barley (2008) 50% – Rustic and original (Whisky Ladies only)
- PC 2007 CC:01 8 years 57.8% – Give it time to open, it is completely worth the wait!
- PC 12 Oileanach Furachail 58.7% – Industrial, bursting with character yet oddly also restrained and almost elegant too
- Octomore 07.2_208 5 years PPM 208 58.5% – Absolutely stunning and a cut above!
- Octomore 07.1_208 5 years PPM 208 59.5% – Again, impossible to believe it is so heated yet not overwhelming (Whisky Ladies only)
The BMC gent’s finally had their version of the Undisclosed Distillery session with a bonus:
- Wilson & Morgan “Highland Heart” Sherry Cask 43% – Rich marmalade, incredibly smooth and rounded… a rather regal whisky you simply want to curl up and enjoy
- Sansibar Islay 8 year 52.2% – Fresh muted peat with an evolving character, well rounded
- Port Askaig 19 year 50.4% – Sufficiently complex to to keep it interesting, for a peaty whisky quite elegant
- Finlaggan Cask Strength 58% – Asphalt meets meadow flowers… surprisingly it works!
A return of the Miniatures sessions with:
- Glengassaugh Evolution 50% – Just say no unless you like mouth disinfectant
- Glenglassaugh Torfa 50% – Better than my 1st foray but still a long way to go..
- Inchmurrin Madeira 46% – A nice ‘day drink’ from Loch Lomond
- Deanston 15 years (1997/2013) Cask No 1958 45.8%
- Glen Moray 21 year (1991/2013) Cask No 9980 46%
- Glentauchers 18 years (1996/2014) 2 casks 46%
- Miltonduff 21 year (1995/2016) 45.8%
- Followed by a single dram – Ben Nevis 19 year (1996/2016) Cask No 871 45.1%
With a few more tastings including:
- The elusive Longmorn 16 year 48% – Slow down and enjoy…
- Royal Brackla 16 year 40% – Pronounced a bar night whisky with food!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: