Home » Posts tagged 'Godrej Cultural Lab'
Tag Archives: Godrej Cultural Lab
Yesterday marked 70 years of independence for the Indian subcontinent. For many, the memories of the partition which followed – a tragic moment in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh’s history which gave birth to at first two then three nations – have become faded over the years.
- A pop-up museum of precious items brought with families
- Stories captured through the India Memory Project
- Recordings of families recounting of their journey from the Pakistan side of the border to India…
- Art installation
- Panel discussions
- Imagining partition through fashion
- The poetry of Kabir set to music by Kabir Cafe
- 1st viewing of Gurinder Chadha’s film – Viceroy’s House (English) / Partition: 1947 (Hindi)… in which my husband can be seen as Jinnah
While acknowledging the blood, sweat and tears that was part of history, I’d also like to extend a personal thanks to India for giving many the opportunity to be ‘adopted’… this marvellous, maddening and at times mystifying country India has been kind enough to let me – and many others – call it ‘home’.
Here are a few images from the Remembering Partition events…