Home » Posts tagged 'Tokyo'
Tag Archives: Tokyo
My July 2014 Tokyo Chapter closed uneventfully with the usual travel routine of wake-up, breakfast, check-out, flight and off to my next stop – Shanghai – with an extra bonus!!
Tokyo Day 3
After an interesting though less ambitious Day 1 than planned… welcome to Tokyo Day 2!
I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed after a good dose of snnnnnz!
After all the pre-program warnings about needing to meticulously prepare (with impeccable timing!), I found it rather amusing that we could not access the room early to set-up and the projector didn’t work! Tried a few combinations with my laptop, another participant’s laptop and then efforts to get another projector were initiated… (more…)
I promised a few more details and pics of my Japan trip… so here goes!
Before I left Mumbai, I consulted with a friend who lives in Tokyo for what to do in my ONE free day… His advice was:
- Airport to hotel only long enough to check-in and dump bags
- Head straight to Tsukiji – Fish Market – noting that while I would miss the really active early morning, even the outer edge is remarkable
- Walk to the Hamarikyu Gardens and have the maccha green tea
- Take a boat from there to the Asakusa Kannon temple
- Catch the subway back to the Hotel
- Nap (he’s done enough overnight Tokyo – Mumbai trips to know!)
- Go to the Robo Bar for the evening’s entertainment
It sounded ambitious but amusing.
And the reality? Far from the recommendations! (more…)
In July 2014 I went on this crazy whirlwind work trip that took me from Jakarta to Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo then Shanghai back to KL and home to Mumbai for a short bit before heading off again to Jakarta!
Thanks to still having mobility issues at that time, I could not explore with my usual verve and vigour… instead hobbled carefully along with my trusty cane.