Home » Posts tagged 'Bowmore Black Rock'
Tag Archives: Bowmore Black Rock
April brought another trip to Jakarta and Singapore – naturally fitting in a whisky flight too!
Plus two of our whisky groups met up and I revived my “mini” session too – with notes to follow in the coming months…
- Blackrock 40% – Smoked fruit, sweet peat spice, easy to drink
- Gold Reef 43% – Maple syrup peat with bitter chocolate and honey sweet finish
- White Sands 17 year 43% – Our favourite of the trio!
Finally got around to sharing our February Original’s Undisclosed Distillery session with the BMC lads:
- Sansibar Islay 8 year 52.2% – Fresh muted peat with an evolving character, well rounded
- Port Askaig 19 year 50.4% – Sufficiently complex to to keep it interesting, for a peaty whisky quite elegant
- Wilson & Morgan “Highland Heart” Sherry Cask 43% – Rich marmalade, incredibly smooth and rounded… a rather regal whisky you simply want to curl up and enjoy
Our original group had a celebration of NAS whiskies:
- Guillon Banyuls (2015) 43% – Technically is a ‘malted spirit’ not whisky…
- Oban Little Bay 43% – A new party whisky?
- Arran Port Cask 50% – Fruity nose that kept evolving, red sour plums and long finish
- Kavalan Peaty Cask R091214006A Bottle No 043/137 54.8% – Curl of peat around a delicious dram
I also managed to swing through Singapore twice in March and April with stops at:
- 1st Flight – “Whisky guessing game” with Cask Islay 46%, Dun Bheagan Islay 43%, Finlaggan Cask Strength 58%, Islay Storm 40%
- 2nd Flight – A lighter touch with: Deanston 15 years (1997/2013) Cask No 1958 45.8%, Glen Moray 21 year (1991/2013) Cask No 9980 46%, Glentauchers 18 years (1996/2014) 2 casks 46%, Miltonduff 21 year (1995/2016) 45.8%
- Single dram – Ben Nevis 19 year (1996/2016) Cask No 871 45.1%
There were a few more notes sharing Whisky Live Singapore explorations:
- Whisky Live Singapore – Bruichladdich
- Whisky Live Singapore – Balvenie
- Lost Distillery 1 – Auchnagie, Stratheden, Towiemore
- Lost Distillery 2 – Jericho, Gersten, Lossit, Auchnagie
Plus the last from the archives:
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find my Whisky Lady in India avatar on: