As they say “all good things come to an end” and alas my time in Indonesia was cut short as the project took a different direction. I get why and how it happened and have perspective enough to recognize these things just are what they are.
I have zero regrets being involved in the project. It was fabulous working with a great bunch of guys and wish nothing but the best to our client too. We just finished the work remotely on the weekend and… as they say “It’s a wrap!”
The real loss is not being able to explore Indonesia more! During my trips to Jakarta from end July, I kept thinking “next time I’ll be sure to make more time to do XYZ.”
I had even made a commitment that the 3 week November trip would include activities OTHER than work! I had dreams of going “glamping” with a fabulous bunch of gals. I had dinners and various catch ups planned for the December trip. I even had high hopes my partner could join the January trip so we could explore outside of Jakarta together.
It all went puuufffttt! No November trip… no more trips at all… sigh… I’m left with scattered random photos of the few things I did do and…
A brilliant reminder – seize the moment when you can!
So, Jakarta, I do miss you! And would like to come back… I really really do! And next time I promise to take full advantage of the opportunity!!!
In the meantime, I have a few more Indonesia posts to come… yesterday’s “Sidewalk adventures… stumbling to work?” is an example of just how utterly random some of my pics are!
Ever have something cut short before you were ready?
Some Jakarta posts:
- When a “princess” finds a million a night just isn’t enough!
- Adventures in Jakarta apartment hunting
- “Happy Holidays!” aka the Jakarta exodus
- A proper “princess” penthouse pad!
- “Can you drop the Indian accent?” – Accents and voice overs
- The Friday Night Phenomenon – TGIF in Jakarta!
- Braving malls, masks and gifts… Jakarta’s Block M Square and Pasaraya Mall
- Sidewalk adventures… stumbling to work?