Home » Posts tagged 'Gording + MacPhail'
Tag Archives: Gording + MacPhail
November brought a trip to Germany and Singapore (with a side dish of WhiskyLive) that kept tastings on track for the Whisky Lady!
The best was all three groups aligned to my mad travel schedule so there was a concentrated burst of all three sessions in less than a week!
- Glendullan (2001/2014) 46% – Floral summer breeze!
- Aultmore (2000/2014) 46% – Versatile and volatile, a lovely light yet complex dram
- Longmorn (2002/2015) 43% – A Longmorn to love!!
For our Bombay Malt & Cigar gents, we explored a “Peat Unusual ” theme with narry an Islay whisky among the selection…
- Lowland –Alisa Bay 48.9%
- Islands – Ledaig “Very Cloudy” Vintage 2008 40%*
- Highland – Loch Lomond Peated 46%*
- Speyside – BenRiach 25 year 46%*
(*Tasting notes coming soon!)
Just as the BMC gents explored peat, our original group explored different Sherry Elements :
- Oban Limited Edition (2000/2015) 43%
- Amrut Intermediate Sherry 57.1%
- Kilkerran 10 year “Work in Progress Batch #6 46%
(*Tasting notes coming in December… too much to squeeze into one month!)
Thrown into the mix was a Glenmorangie evening revisiting The Original, The Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, Nectar d’Or and the piece de resistance… the Private Edition 8 Bacalta…
Back in October, our original club had a remarkable Rye Night with tasting notes by our guest writer Nikkhil published in November:
- Cody Road Rye (Iowa)
- Cascadia Rye (Português Port Barrels) 43.5% (Washington)
- High West Whiskey Double Rye 46% (Utah)
- With a bonus of Pikesville Straight Rye
I also got around to sharing notes from a peaty persuasion minis session:
- Peat Chimney 12 year 40% (Wemyss) – Sea swept salty maritime peat
- Big Peat 46% (Douglas Laing) – Kept shifting and changing, overall delightfully
- Longrow 46% – Earthy, organic peat
- BenRiach Peated Quarter Cask 46% – Peppery peat, Christmas treat!
- Ledaig 10 year 46.3% – Farm peat, spice and straight forward
Plus a revisit of Glenfarclas Minis:
- 15 year 46% – Straightforward, no pretence
- 105 60% – A full strength sherry berry cake, best had with a few drops of water
- 21 year 43% – Approachable and multi-dimensional
- 25 year 43% – A 2nd date dram that needs time to reveal its full character…
And guess what? I’m back on another plane to Germany next week… let’s see what more can be discovered!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find even more Whisky bits ‘n bobs on: