The month was supposed to welcome the return of all three tasting groups… However my Jakarta trip derailed our Bombay Malt & Cigar night… oops!
The Whisky Ladies of Mumbai enjoyed a delightful trio of contrasting whiskies:
- Sweden – Spirit of Hven Tycho’s Star 41.8% – Oooh baby!
- Speyside – Linkwood 25 year 43% (G+MP) – Lovely dram
- Japan – Akashi Red Blended Whisky 40% – Apple cider whisky
Our original tasting group returned after a two-month hiatus to explore:
- Glenmorangie experiment – Mumbai’s greedy angels…
- Wolfburn (Batch 1) 46% – Promising start…
- Dailuaine (2002/2013) 46% – Delightful and delicious
Our Nordic Whiskies – Explorers Edition began its journey with:
- Sweden’s Smögen Single Cask 7/2011 4 year 57.3% – Superb and left us wanting more!
- Sweden’s Smögen Sherry Project 1:4 57.2% – An interesting experiment with Sherry…
- Sweden’s Box Whisky The Festival 2015 54.5% –
- Sweden’s Box Whisky Shareholders 2016, 3 year 52% – Privelege to partake
Which prompted publishing a new European whiskies page…
These lovelies were followed by tasting notes from another miniatures session featuring:
- Tomatin Legacy 43% – Good to try but… not my dram
- MacPhail’s Collection Orkney 8 year 43% (Highland Park) – Nice to welcome back a solid Highland Park!
- TWE Covent Garden Reserve Edition No 1 – Speyside 10 year, Sherry Butt, Bottle No 240, 51.6% – Fabulous!!
- TWE Covent Garden Reserve Edition No 2 – Islay NAS, Hogshead Cask, Bottle No 288, 55.2% – Well represents an Islay style
With all my travel and work focus in the next couple of months, behind the scenes had a flurry of advance informal tastings with more miniatures plus made a dent into the Canadian collection. Notes on these experiences will hopefully keep Whisky Lady moderately active!
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
You can also find my Whisky Lady in India avatar on: