Most folks who blog get to a point where they hit an impasse… and things either flounder, falter and flop or…. change. I’m not yet ready to give up, but have certainly faltered a time or two.
Let’s be honest, I’ve been pre-occupied with a crazy long list of company / business related activities, interspersed with enjoying life and… yes… distracted by my other blog ‘Whisky Lady.’
Sure I still WANT to write but the ideas that pop in my head inspired by an experience or conversation just haven’t been making it to the publish stage.
And don’t even get me started about drafts! Anyone else have an embarassing 60+ gathering dust in your drafts folder?!
Clearly it was time for an intervention, clean-up and figure a way to get “back on the saddle” for a a renewed posting groove!
That drafts folder?
- Let’s just say half were immediately deleted
- Brushed off a select few to actually FINISH – accomplishment!
- A bunch of older half written posts with a travel theme are in a pipeline for further consideration
And getting back into a posting groove?
- Zero pressure on posting! If something strikes my fancy and pours out – great! If not, shoulder shrug and move on…
- Make it easy! Hence the new series – Sunday Snaps. Sounds like a contradiction to commit to a series, eh? But I found it fun and easy to select a single image with a quick story or thought… preparing several advance posts BEFORE introducing the series.
- Flashbacks… remember that old draft content? Some may find new life in a ‘Flashback’ post or will go in the dustbin
So other than blog confessions, what else did this quarter bring? Well… life brought a few developments:
- Swung into Singapore in December for much overdue work for my international company plus caught up with oodles of friends!
- Slogged on the Indian business development front, which also meant ‘quickie’ trips to Delhi
- As for the ongoing structural repairs? Hours before the end of January we FINALLY finished the pending work in our flat! Yeah! There was much rejoicing!! Now… as for our neighbours and the building painting?? Hmm… maybe another year?
This quarter’s top posts were:
- Fringes of fame… aka the star ‘selfie’ autograph
- “Madam you must put your permanent address” aka a logic defying day in Delhi
- India Memory Project – Partner’s story
- When did it become rude to call? With an interesting range of comments too!
- Boxing Day Bonus! Featuring our new kitten Zoe… she continues to delight us everyday
And what’s coming this quarter?
- Lots of focus on the professional front
- Another trip (or two) to Delhi/Gurgaon
- Possibly a trip to Canada late April / early May
So you may not see that many posts, they may even be short but I’m not disappearing yet!!
- 10th Quarter Summary
- 9th Quarter Summary
- 8th Quarter Summary
- 7th Quarter Summary
- 6th Quarter Summary
- 5th Quarter Summary
- 4th Quarter Summary
- 3rd Quarter Summary
- 2nd Quarter Summary
- 1st Quarter Summary
- Start here…